Bridge on my Cordoba Tenor

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Cordoba tenor. I am very happy with the finish except the bridge is very dry...it has a noticeably "unfinished" look. I am hesitant to put anything on it as a few bridges have "popped off" some Cordobas. I read one tip that suggested I use a little tru oil gunstock finish on it. Any suggestions?

I recently acquired a Cordoba tenor. I am very happy with the finish except the bridge is very dry...it has a noticeably "unfinished" look. I am hesitant to put anything on it as a few bridges have "popped off" some Cordobas. I read one tip that suggested I use a little tru oil gunstock finish on it. Any suggestions?
Pics? Loprinzi makes some kind of lubrication that I just put on two of my ukes. The stuff made my ukes very nice and hydrated.

Nose Grease!::p
Seriously...try a small amount of mineral oil. That's what I've used since 1965 on my Ebony guitar necks and bridges. Just don't get it into the bridge peg holes. Tru-Oil gets hard quickly and doesn't condition.

I used fretboard conditioner on the bridge of my Cordoba. It hasn't popped off yet.

Top Bottom