What the heck does 100 lbs of butter look like?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
This should be in the UUBL area, but wanted to brag here. I have lost over 100 lbs (actually about 107) in the past 6 months since my ER fiasco. I like to actually see what things are for what they are worth. It helps keep focus on goals, and accomplishments. So, without further adue, this is what 100 Lbs of butter looks like. I had lost this much fat (butter) if I were to pack it up in one pound packages of butter. This is my daughter (left) and her best friend standing by.
butter100.jpg

Disclamer: we only had 1 package of butter, so one of those is the real thing. The rest are photoshopped in but are to scale.

thanks.. yeah, that is allot of butter.. But, it looks alot better on that table than it did on me.. lol.. Feels allot better too..hahhah..

As I said before in the UUBL thread, Hurray for Tudorp. And good things happen when you stop eating butter!

As I said before in the UUBL thread, Hurray for Tudorp. And good things happen when you stop eating butter!

hahah.. Oh I haven't stopped eating butter, I just stopped eating 100 lbs of it, lol.. I use it, but very sparingly, as it should be used. Huge difference. I love the way I cook now. I didn't know actual food could taste so good. I don't use salt hardly at all, but other spices that inhance, not cover up. You can actually taste the taste of the food now, not just a mouth full of salt and butter with a carrier, lol..

That is awesome, Tudorp! Congratulations, you big loser, you! :p

The other day as I was huffing and puffing and my knees were creaking from lugging a 38-lb. bucket of kitty litter up the stairs, I couldn't help but think how much harder it would be to even be able to walk carrying that much extra weight. And I thought of you and how you are out of your wheelchair and walking now, and it made me smile. :)

Maybe it's time for a new avatar featuring the newer, slimmer you. :D

That is astounding! Congrats!

JJ

That is awesome, Tudorp! Congratulations, you big loser, you! :p

The other day as I was huffing and puffing and my knees were creaking from lugging a 38-lb. bucket of kitty litter up the stairs, I couldn't help but think how much harder it would be to even be able to walk carrying that much extra weight. And I thought of you and how you are out of your wheelchair and walking now, and it made me smile. :)

Maybe it's time for a new avatar featuring the newer, slimmer you. :D

hehheh.. Glad it can make ya smile. It makes me smile every time I wake up in the morning and kiss the wife and daughter. And everytime I walk accross the house by myself. Man, what the hell was I thinking to stay in that thing and stay fat and unhealthy? There is so much life left. I had no idea.

Anyway.. Im still a big ol fat guy, just not as a big ol fat guy, lol.. And harder to catch me now, hahhah.. I'm gonna keep all the fat pictures up until I reach my goal, then I will post new ones for the new life, but still keep the old ones up to remind me not to give up on life again like I had done in the past..

Thanks again ya'll.. You guys have also been a huge support system, and doing this too in the UUBL group. I hope it keeps up long after the contest is over, because I personally am in it for the much longer haul. ;) Lots of us in there have lost allot of weight.. We need to start fileling missing person's reports..

Congratulations! To make such major changes is extremely difficult, and it's wonderful to see that you've not only made big changes but that you're happy with the results. Keep it up!

100 lbs of butter looks remarkably like 45.36 kg's of butter (for those of us in metric countries, rounded to 2dp). Either way, that's an impressive feat, well done :)

Aloha Tudorp,
Congratulations on you weight loss...that is a huge accomplishment...even bigger within six months...You are and inspiration to all of us who need to lose weight...when I lost over 45 pounds, I caught Pnuemonia
and lost it, not certainly the right way to do it. Yours is a much better way. Thank you for motivating us who need it for a better healthier lifestyle of living..I hope for your continued success in the future to reach
your goal weight..keep us informed through your weight loss journey as you inspire and motive us to make the right choice....Best Wishes...MM Stan

Thank you for motivating us who need it for a better healthier lifestyle of living.
Yes, I was about to say that Tudorp has been an inspiration to me as well. :)

Weight has not really been an issue for me, but I have to admit I've been mostly sedentary for years. Although at one point I decided I should start walking more and will walk to the post office or the store if I just need a few things because it's only a few blocks and it just doesn't seem worth it to even start the car up for such a short trip.

A couple months ago my husband decided he wanted to start walking for health and asked if I would walk with him. I was ecstatic and more than happy to help him with his journey.

We started with 15-20 minute walks around the block, now we're up to 45 minutes or more some days. We try to walk at least every other day, so 3-4 times a week. Even on our "short walks" we'll do a couple bonus blocks so it's usually at least 30 minutes.

I'm really enjoying it and am so glad he's sticking to it. He's lost a few pounds and his blood pressure is improving. :) I actually like getting to see the houses in our neighborhood close up (something you don't really see driving thru), some days we just go different directions to see new stuff. Plus, we also get a bit of "us time" and actually talk to each other while we're walking. Some times it's "What a hideous color scheme" or "Wow, I really like what they've done with the landscaping."

That is an amazing accomplishment! Salud!

Wow, a great accomplishment Tudorp. It's surprising what a buzz it puts in your life when you're achieving success, sort of puts a shine into the rest of your day. Thanks for sharing your achievement.

Awesome!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom