PDA

View Full Version : Snark tuners for $6.89 -- free shipping, no tax

sugarinthegourd
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I just ordered a couple of blue Snarks from Musician's Friend for $6.89 each with free shipping. I had emailed them over the weekend under their "we beat any deal" offer with a link to an Amazon seller who had them for $7.99. Today, I got the reply below:

We will offer you the Snark Clip-On Chromatic Guitar Tuner in Blue for the price of $6.89. Please call the phone number listed below with this price beat verification number xxx to place an order. The number will be active for two weeks only.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend. Have a great day!

1-800-391-8762

I was able to order multiples at this price -- almost wanted to order more than two but I already have 5 Snarks, a Kala and a bunch of other tuners in addition to the tuners in my iPhone/iPad which I use a lot...

I am not sure if others can use the same "deal match" code but if someone wants to PM me I will send you the number and you can report back how you made out. If a few people are able to use it without trouble I will post the number here for all.

John

cletus
02-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Dang, that's power shopping! Nicely done.

sugarinthegourd
02-22-2011, 04:01 PM
I made a casual comment in another thread saying that they "cost ten bucks" and someone said they had never seen them that cheap. OK, OK, I should have said "about 10 bucks" or "they cost $11.74" or "they cost under ten bucks (not including shipping). :)

Anyway, I took it as a challenge, and thought, gee, I bet I can get these for under ten bucks shipped, and...I did!

Mason671
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice find!
Wish I had seen this sooner. I just placed an order with Musicians friend for a couple of Fishman tuners last week. I wonder if I can send those back and get the snarks price matched from Musicians Friend. I'll try and let you all know what happens.

Mason671

Maiyah888
03-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Great bargasm!

I looooooooooooooooooooove my Red Snark. It matches my Uke Leash. And my new Solist Alto C Ocarina!

sinus
03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Wow, the price in Holland ia about $24,=!!!!

joeybug
03-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Found one on UK amazon for 11.99 with free shipping, will have to grab it when I have some pennies..man the list oft things I need to pay for is gonna be huge by the time I get paid. I want to try the Snark because of the rave reviews on Paul's blog and here as mine was 99p with 4 shipping from Japan and don't know how accurate it is, it's always worked for me, but would like to see if they all sound better with a more accurate tuner (if it is more accurate)

Thanks for this :D

austinlee
04-05-2011, 03:48 AM
I tried to get a price match from Musician's Friend yesterday for an Amazon seller selling the Snark SN-1 for $6.xx + $5 shipping. Musician's Friend says they are not an authorized dealer, but they did give me the opportunity to buy the snark for $9.59+ free shipping. Not too bad, definitely worth the email.

amute
04-05-2011, 09:34 AM
That's a ripping price for a great tuner, I'ma try right now. Thanx for the heads up!

ichadwick
04-09-2011, 03:36 AM
www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=snark&st=canada_ok (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=snark&st=canada_ok)
$29.99 in Canada. Ouch. I'll stick to my cheaper Korgs and Profiles.

Susie A
04-09-2011, 03:48 AM
www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=snark&st=canada_ok (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=snark&st=canada_ok)
$29.99 in Canada. Ouch. I'll stick to my cheaper Korgs and Profiles.

HERE . (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VWJ2K8?ie=UTF8&seller=A3DR2OPN9419D7&sn=Best%20Deal%20Music)

mketom
04-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Thank you Susie!! 6.29 + $4.99 shipping, still an awesome deal!

HERE . (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VWJ2K8?ie=UTF8&seller=A3DR2OPN9419D7&sn=Best%20Deal%20Music)

ichadwick
04-16-2011, 04:39 AM
Won't ship to Canada. Other US companies will, but at double the price. Tried to order both SN-1 and SN-2. Sigh.

bazmaz
04-16-2011, 12:37 PM
If you can get one at that price (plus reasonable shipping) then trust me - GET ONE

I have owned about a dozen clip on tuners, including one of the first to market (the original intellitouch - cost me a FORTUNE)

The Snark, whilst odd looking is without question the nicest, most accurate clip on that this uker has used.

ichadwick
04-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Got several through another Amazon seller, a little more expensive that the lowball seller (plus a bloody great $16.63 in shipping for a $2.36 package...grrrrr....).

GREAT tuners. First one I've found that worked accurately on by banjo uke. Nice, bright and big display. Have not tried the mic version yet (I bought one of them but not tried it), but the blue model is fabulous.

joep
04-29-2011, 04:25 AM
I've never tried a Snark. I have an Ibanez PU10 that works for me. I got it a couple of years ago for my guitar. It's a little too big to keep clipped on my ukulele all the time, but it's easy to get on and off.

ukeeku
04-29-2011, 04:31 AM
I love my Snark SN-2. Best tuner for under $20

ukukimmy
05-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I love my Snark SN-2. Best tuner for under $20

Could anyone here help me choose/understand the diffs between the two models listed on Snark's website (http://www.snarktuners.com/index.html)? I take it one is the SN-1 and the other the SN-2? Not sure which one would be best. I only play and tune ukes. Is there any reason I'd would maybe want the SN-2, e.g. different tuning for the uke?

Thanks in advance!

Ingrate
05-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Could anyone here help me choose/understand the diffs between the two models listed on Snark's website (http://www.snarktuners.com/index.html)? I take it one is the SN-1 and the other the SN-2? Not sure which one would be best. I only play and tune ukes. Is there any reason I'd would maybe want the SN-2, e.g. different tuning for the uke?

Thanks in advance!

All you need is the SN-1 (the blue one).

The SN-2 has a switch to use it's built-in microphone instead of clipping it to the 'ukulele. SN-1 has no microphone.

There's an implication that the SN-2 has a wider range of sensitivity, but I do not believe this. I use the SN-1 for 'ukulele & guitar - it works great.

ukukimmy
05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
All you need is the SN-1 (the blue one).

Thank you Ingrate! ;)