Ukulele clubs at Schools

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
hey UU family! i just came back from school and i went to the student union hall at my community college and asked to get a paper to sign up for a new club. so tomorrow is the club day where people sign up for clubs.

right now i only have planned for club meetings that help teach more about the ukulele and some beginning songs and of course SPREAD UKULELEUNDERGROUND! haha.

and maybe perform a small mini show once or twice as a club or something along those lines.

None the less, the reason why i made this thread, is for you guys to help give me a few more ideas for what to do for a club, ive never really been in a club, and also think about maybe doing an activity similar to this to spread the word that "ukuleles are making a comeback, and bringing sexy back." Maybe start a club at school or at a local park.

alright! Fred Miu...OUT!

P.S. thanks Aldrine for boosting me more into actually starting the club with some of these ideas.

LOL! i like it... [UU Famz]

i think school for now... and get every1 to spread the word and get some feed back and then take on the park ;)

i was thinking of teaching uke classes at a local park for kids but im not sure what i would do to teach them haha. i prefer just meeting up and jamming. lemme know how it goes and the stuff you do, maybe i could "borrow" some ideas :)

I would want any ukulele club that I would be a part of to work like a live version of UU. It's a great vehicle for bringing players of all skill levels together to improve the group as a whole and bounce ideas off one another. The more experienced players can give the less experienced players tips and show them ways to improve, and then the less experienced players can tell their friends and bring more people into the uke community. You can also infuse a little ukulele history and culture as well, so that the members can learn the history behind this awesome instrument.

today was club day, and i had some of my friends sign up just in case i didnt have enough people, BUT J.P. (Joseph Bautista) and i were playing with one of my friends, and we actually got around 8-10 people that are somewhat serious to play. i even gave one of the ukulele club members a lesson, and gave him this website!

me and J.P. were approached by a member of the Filipino club and asked if we can play Harana! i gave him a preview and told him if he signed up that i can help teach him how to play, and he told us that we might be able to perform if the Filipino club has a performance.

thats the update as of today. hope to hear from you guys about some ideas if you guys want to help me out!

Later!

today was club day, and i had some of my friends sign up just in case i didnt have enough people, BUT J.P. (Joseph Bautista) and i were playing with one of my friends, and we actually got around 8-10 people that are somewhat serious to play. i even gave one of the ukulele club members a lesson, and gave him this website!

me and J.P. were approached by a member of the Filipino club and asked if we can play Harana! i gave him a preview and told him if he signed up that i can help teach him how to play, and he told us that we might be able to perform if the Filipino club has a performance.

thats the update as of today. hope to hear from you guys about some ideas if you guys want to help me out!

Later!

dude thats awesome! i love how its all coming together like this after the just the first meet. youre a gentleman and a scholar, fred. keep it up. and if you guys do a performance, dont forget to at least record it for youtube!

dude thats awesome! i love how its all coming together like this after the just the first meet. youre a gentleman and a scholar, fred. keep it up. and if you guys do a performance, dont forget to at least record it for youtube!

man i wouldnt miss recording a performance!

and thanks for the support Nuke! :D

Later!

haha man it was fun today!! freestyling to riffs saying "join our uke club because the other clubs suck" xD haha UKULELE CLUB FTW!!!

it was hella random how that representative from the filipino club came by and asked us to play harana =/ he also thought fred was pinoy xD anywayz im happy to announce the first ukulele club ever at dvc by fred and yours truely :)

-Jp

Last edited:
haha man it was fun today!! freestyling to riffs saying "join our uke club because the other clubs suck" xD haha UKULELE CLUB FTW!!!

it was hella random how that representative from the filipino club came by and asked us to play harana =/ he also though fred was pinoy xD anywayz im happy to announce the first ukulele club ever at dvc by fred and yours truely :)

-Jp

Wow! Congrats guys! This is what we love to hear. The spread of ukulele joy! :D

Later!

that sounds great! first day and so much stuff happening already. i gotta agree on that performance. let us know when you post up the vid so we can watch :)

another update from today!!!

i was talking to one of my class mates from chinese, but shes white, and she works at a music store that sells a few ukuleles and strings. i asked her to see if maybe once or twice a week for an hour we could use a certain part of the store for meetings and also help them promote the store in exchange for using their property as a meeting spot.

so hopefully we can get a meeting area with musicians and spread MORE word out!

i was talking to one of my class mates from chinese, but shes white, and she works at a music store that sells a few ukuleles and strings. i asked her to see if maybe once or twice a week for an hour we could use a certain part of the store for meetings and also help them promote the store in exchange for using their property as a meeting spot.

oh good stuff fred hehe that'd be awesome if we have jam sessions in da store wut kind of ukes is she slingin?

nice! thats like getting sponsored right there! haha. when you guys perform, you can do some advertising for their store. "We'd like to thank [insert store name here]. For all your ukulele needs go to [insert store name here]" lol

nice! thats like getting sponsored right there! haha. when you guys perform, you can do some advertising for their store. "We'd like to thank [insert store name here]. For all your ukulele needs go to [insert store name here]" lol

sure thing dude we will, we spread the word everyday when eva we jam

wow with the new uke giveaway, you guys could really get a good amount of referrals. just gotta tell new members to post in that thread and say that one of you guys referred them. not only do you get an extra entry ticket but you expose UU to them. it's a win win situation!

i went to the student union yesterday, and one of the people said that the ukulele club approved!!!

so i have to figure out a lot right now. but for sure there is going to be a song that everybody learns for a performance, and a song they want to learn

Top Bottom