PDA

View Full Version : New Kala KA-S quick review

mandrew
02-23-2011, 03:37 AM
I got my Kala KA-S today! It came from musicguymic in HI. . . great service! He does a set up on all instruments before they are shipped, and this thing plays like a dream! As for the isntrument itself, this soprano realy amazes me. It used to be that ply woods were cheaply made, not well compressed, and too thick for good sound. Technology has made great inroads! The plys are thin, and the instrument well braced, to allow for amazing response from the top. It is not quite what a solid instrument would be, but for the price, around $70 US, this is a very good quality isntrument, perfect for entry level. The sound is very acceptable for the price. Also, the finish is very nice and the tuners work well. This Kala Mahogany series is a fabulous bargain for the money.

sonicbaker
02-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Bought a KA-S for my wife...with Aquilas, its a very impressive instrument for the price.

molokinirum
02-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Very nice!! Congratulations on your new uke!! Yes, MGM does a great job in setting up ukes!

Any pictures?????

Strom
02-27-2011, 04:42 AM
My first Uke was a Kala KA-S from MGM. Have been very happy with it. Good luck with your playing!

dip.mojica
02-27-2011, 10:28 PM
good to know that you're liking your new purchase! one of my good friends is currently looking at this model as her first ukulele, and I'll be sure to direct her to this thread! thanks for sharing, and happy playing!

rowjimmytour
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I concur I have KA-S w/ Aquilas and love the sound and is super easy to tune. After the first week or so I have had to do very little tuning before I play. I really like the dynamics from a light strum w/ my thumb to a heavy pointer finger strum. I really enjoy trying to play every night and I say trying because I am only two months in.