WTB: Kamaka HF-3 w/ Curly Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedalFreak

Reaction score
I'm just going to throw this out there.

I'm leaving for the islands in 9 days. I'm planning on buying a Kamaka Tenor while there. But the more I think about it, think I may be able to buy 2 ukuleles if I get the Kamaka used :D Then I'll be able to get a Koaloha Soprano Long neck too!

So just want to throw it out there that if you have one for sale send me a PM. Will have to be a nice one, in great condition.

Thanks!

Last edited:
There is one there that I'm considering. But most used ones, seen some nice ones here w/ a pickup in the $800 range. Would like to stay around that here.

Like I said, if one doesn't pop up here I'll get one while I'm in Hawaii :)

If you're not already doing so, check Honolulu Craigslist. There was a used Kamaka tenor that came up sometime last week for $600, IIRC.

A couple weeks ago there was a Koaloha *pineapple* soprano longneck at Goodguys on Kapahulu in Honolulu for a great price... Old style without the logo bridge.

That is what I'm thinking. If I could get what I'm looking for in a HF-3 I'd buy it now. Then I'd have money left over to get another one while there, 2 is better than 1 you know :D

If not, I'm 100% ok with buying just the Kamaka :) Just thought I'd check first.

If whoever bought this one wants to sell it PLEASE let me know :)

Last edited:
That is what I'm thinking. If I could get what I'm looking for in a HF-3 I'd buy it now. Then I'd have money left over to get another one while there, 2 is better than 1 you know :D

If not, I'm 100% ok with buying just the Kamaka :) Just thought I'd check first.

Hi pedalfreak. I am the owner of the HF-3 that you are talking about. But at this point I am not interested in selling it. Frankly it would take more than $800 anyway, as I have not seen one with better Koa figure than this in an HF-3, and the sound it has is absolutely amazing. Plus it has the pickup.

Good luck to you in your search and have a fantastic trip to Hawaii!

Hi pedalfreak. I am the owner of the HF-3 that you are talking about. But at this point I am not interested in selling it. Frankly it would take more than $800 anyway, as I have not seen one with better Koa figure than this in an HF-3, and the sound it has is absolutely amazing. Plus it has the pickup.

Good luck to you in your search and have a fantastic trip to Hawaii!

Well what would it take??? ;D

And I put the $800, b/c the 2 time previous to you buying/trading for it, that is what it sold for :)

I just wanted to post some recent pics of her. One with her friend Aphrodite, and the other is where she hangs out when she isn't in her case being humidified. I still haven't come up with a fitting name for her, assuming that it is a she.:)

Haven't really thought of a price pedalfreak, because as I said, right now she isn't for sale. However, the uke that I did trade for her, an Ana'ole, I paid $1000 for.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 45
Good luck to you...I hope you find one. I know when I was searching for a curly koa Kamaka I didn't settle until I found one. And I love it more than anything else I own...my prized possession, it is my baby. So hang in there, it is worth the search. And if you can't find one used, grab that one at Larry's.

I totally agree with dkcrown though. There is no amount of money that would get me to part with that uke. Certainly not $800. But then that is me, I know I have seen some folks sell them for that so you may get lucky.

I just left the Kamaka factory this morning and didn't see any for sale there -- they usually don't but on occasion do have one or two. I did drop $100 bucks there though on a baseball cap, tshirt, 4 Schaller tuners (to be used on my yet to be completed Valentine's Day present from my spouse), and a signed print of Sam Kamaka and a little keiki that I'm about to frame in a koa frame.

They actually asked me how many Kamaka shirts I have and I was a bit embarassed to tell them (two Reyn Spooner Hawaiian aloha shirts, two brown tshirts -- KK and logo, one black KK shirt and a natural logo one). So if anyone gets the Kamaka fever it is me.

So believe me when I tell ya, the Kamaka ukuleles are worth it. I know you will find the right one for you and love it.

I got that one but then sent it to Dkcrown. IU got first dibs if he ever wants to let it go:)

They actually asked me how many Kamaka shirts I have and I was a bit embarassed to tell them (two Reyn Spooner Hawaiian aloha shirts, two brown tshirts -- KK and logo, one black KK shirt and a natural logo one). So if anyone gets the Kamaka fever it is me.

Oh, the Kamaka fever! When I was there a couple weeks back they had a little Reyn Spooner Kamaka fabric dress hanging on the rack. I was thisclose to buying it when I stopped myself and decided to put the money toward a Kamaka pineapple instead :)

Oh, the Kamaka fever! When I was there a couple weeks back they had a little Reyn Spooner Kamaka fabric dress hanging on the rack. I was thisclose to buying it when I stopped myself and decided to put the money toward a Kamaka pineapple instead :)

I have that same print. I have that Reyn Spooner Kamaka print on two shirts - in both blue and green. :)

I've decided to do a special order direct with Kamaka :D Going to talk to them about wood choices while I'm at the factory. And getting an ebony fretboard. Not sure if I'll get an ebony headstock veneer yet :)

Mods can shut this thread down if they'd like :)

Thanks!

I've decided to do a special order direct with Kamaka :D Going to talk to them about wood choices while I'm at the factory. And getting an ebony fretboard. Not sure if I'll get an ebony headstock veneer yet :)

Mods can shut this thread down if they'd like :)

Thanks!

Get the Ebony faceplate on the headstock, it looks great with the Ebony fretboard. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom