Introducing Maestro Ukuleles!

sailor

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've very excited to announce that I will be the North American distributor for the beautifully handcrafted, custom line of Maestro Ukuleles.
The website isn't fully functional yet, but samples of a few models can be seen at http://maestroukuleles.com .
They are very nicely detailed and look as great as they sound.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers.
Chris

Hi all,
I've very excited to announce that I will be the North American distributor for the beautifully handcrafted, custom line of Maestro Ukuleles.
The website isn't fully functional yet, but samples of a few models can be seen at http://maestroukuleles.com .
They are very nicely detailed and look as great as they sound.
Cheers.
Chris

Hi Chris, they're very pretty for sure. What kind of price ranges are we looking at?

Aloha Sailor Chris,
They look well made....just wondering too on the price range and do you have any sound samples...Thanks for sharing..MM Stan

Thanks John,
Retail numbers aren't totally set yet, but for the custom series (a few of which are shown on the site), the retail will likely start around $350 for the khaya mahogany and go to around $500 for the red cedar/engelmann spruce topped, flame maple/rosewood, granadillo and cocobolo backed models.
The solid acacia will fall somewhere in between.
There will also be a laminate mahogany series with all the sizes and pineapple available too for much less.
As I said though...not set in stone yet. The customs are obviously not going to be available in huge numbers as only so many can be built per month. The laminates (not shown on site yet) will be available in larger numbers.
The customs are absolutely beautiful though.
Cheers,
Chris

Aloha Sailor Chris,
They look well made....just wondering too on the price range and do you have any sound samples...Thanks for sharing..MM Stan

Aloha!
There will be sound samples up on the site very soon as this is a holding page and the main site is being developed. In the mean time I will find another way to post them up and report back.
They are all very distinct from one another...a nice range of tones.

Those ukuleles shown on the web page look really nice. I'm looking forward to sound samples and a list of available ukuleles and options. Where are the ukuleles made?

Hi all,
{clip}
Cheers.
Chris

They are beauties, that's for sure. Any idea on the hardware? (tuner types/ options / pickups) Or where they are made / assembled / finished /setup? Are the bodies standard sizes for standard cases? Will you be selling direct, or through a dealer network?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

-Kurt

Hey guys,

The customs (these are the ones discussed above and shown on the site) are built in Singapore in a small shop consisting of 10 luthiers building each beginning to end by hand. There are a few more models.
Here's some of the specs.
-gold grover tuners
-pickups added by order
-bone saddle and nut
-aquila stings
-abalone inlay
The sizes are standard to fit standard cases. I will post the full line tonight with more series specific descriptions.
I would like to sell through a dealer network, but will likely also be selling direct through the site.

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Chris. I look forward to hearing and seeing them.

Here's the whole lineup.

10 Series: Mahogany (laminate) top/back/sides with friction tuners. Great entry level uke. Comes in soprano, concert, tenor and pineapple.

All below here are Full Solid:

20 Series: Full Solid Khaya Mahogany in soprano, concert, tenor & baritone.

Custom Series: The Custom series showcases the craftsmanship of our luthiers. Using only quality and exotic tone woods with aesthetically pleasing
grains, the ukuleles are finished with fine abalone and wood binding to give a distinctive touch. Mahalo!

35 Series: Solid spruce top with solid flame maple back/sides in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
40 Series: Solid Spruce or Cedar with solid Java rosewood in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
45 Series: Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid grandillo in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
50 Series: Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid Cocobolo in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
55 Series: Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid Macassar Ebony. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.

I'm attempting some photos, but I'm having issues attaching more than 4 at a time.

Chris
http://maestroukuleles.com

Last edited:
Here is the 20 series and the 30 series. Solid mahogany and solid Acacia.

UC20_600x902.jpgUC20BK_600x902.jpgUS30BK_600x902.jpgUS30_600x902.jpg

Attachments

• US40_600x902.jpg
    US40_600x902.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 24
Here's the 40 and 45 series. The 40 is Solid Spruce or Cedar with solid Java rosewood.
The 45 is Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid grandillo

US40BK_600x902.jpgUS40_600x902.jpgUS45BK_600x902.jpgUS45_600x902.jpg
pencil.png

Here's the 50 in Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid Cocobolo.
US50_600x902.jpgUS50BK_600x902.jpg

I'll post pics of the others when I get them.

Cheers!
Chris

In what way are they custom?

"custom series" is used quite a bit to denote a step up and top materials in many products, including instruments.
i may have used "custom" in a post (not sure) as a short form for the series.
i'll watch out for that.

Here's the whole lineup.

10 Series: Mahogany (laminate) top/back/sides with friction tuners. Great entry level uke. Comes in soprano, concert, tenor and pineapple.

All below here are Full Solid:

20 Series: Full Solid Khaya Mahogany in soprano, concert, tenor & baritone.

Custom Series: The Custom series showcases the craftsmanship of our luthiers. Using only quality and exotic tone woods with aesthetically pleasing
grains, the ukuleles are finished with fine abalone and wood binding to give a distinctive touch. Mahalo!

35 Series: Solid spruce top with solid flame maple back/sides in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
40 Series: Solid Spruce or Cedar with solid Java rosewood in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
45 Series: Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid grandillo in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
50 Series: Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid Cocobolo in soprano, concert & tenor. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.
55 Series: Solid Spruce or cedar with Solid Macassar Ebony. Gold grover tuners/Aquila strings.

I'm attempting some photos, but I'm having issues attaching more than 4 at a time.

Chris
http://maestroukuleles.com

so what makes them a custom? Are we allowed to pick our options? Or are they a custom in a sense like a packaged custom? I can't view the site but I am at work. Price seems too good to be true if they are a true custom.

Top Bottom