Sounds like real music

Ghibli

Reaction score
I though I share this with the rest of the Forum.
Last night I was practicing a few blues bars on my Lag concert in our lounge room, while my wife was talking to a work colleague on the phone in the kitchen.
Please keep in mind that I am definitely not a uke virtuoso.
After the conversation ended, my wife told me that the following conversation had taken place with her colleague while I was playing.

Colleague: "Are you listening to classical music?" (sic)
Wife:"No, it's my husband playing the ukelele".
Colleague: "It sounds like real music!"

That's hilarious! It's almost a good anecdote.
(In case it's not obvious, it's actually funny. I almost submitted it before realizing that it looked sarcastic.)

Its nice when you have progressed enough for people to think that, isn't it? The only question I have is, if you were playing blues and they thought it sounded like classical music, something seems amiss lol.

SweetWaterBlue are you saying you never got into
Blind Lemon Beethoven or Howlin'Dog Bach?.....

Yay, you sound like you're making music! What a way to start the weekend. :)

I was working on Bloodletting earlier tonight, since it sounds like something a bass player can have fun with even if he doesn't know the song. I was using the Eleuke on the mobile cube with reverb and of course chorus, playing the song from the ipod through the amp. Anders was making dinner because... yeah, we wouldn't want something made by me. I was in the bedroom, which is a thin wall away from the kitchen, whose door was open.

I asked if those chords seemed about right. Sometimes if you work on something, you can fool yourself into hearing something that isn't there. I've been waffling between an F# and an F#m. He said "It sounds like you're supposed to be a part of the song." <-- Yay it sounds like a uke played by me is supposed to be there.

I'm sure he was just being nice though. You got a compliment from someone who isn't married to you, and that's gotta make you feel good. :)

Top Bottom