New Uke Day! - Sailor Brand Uke

Gmoney

Reaction score
Lets try this again! Last night I took delivery on my very own S/N: 1101 Sailor Brand Soprano! What a SWEET instrument! I'll try & do a sound sample later when not traveling, but... it is a very sweet sounding & playing uke. Photos below show some of the finer points, such as "14 frets to the body"; 19(!) frets total, friction tuners, beautifully figured Cherry over Poplar sides & back & one piece Spruce top. Currently strung w/Aquila's, but may try out other strings later after I've played it a bit. Now on to the eye candy!

WP_000441.jpgWP_000443.jpgWP_000445.jpgWP_000456.jpgWP_000442.jpg

:::sigh::: I really want one of these.

Congrats on your new Uke! Looks really nice, love to hear how it sounds!

They are made in the US. The luthiers prefer to be anonymousness. They make some very high end stringed instruments and we all felt it was important to keep the brands separate. That way we market them the way we like and choose the details that go into the instruments. Still same HQ standards go into each instrument.
Looks beautiful. Any idea were these are made?

They are made in the US. The luthiers prefer to be anonymousness. They make some very high end stringed instruments and we all felt it was important to keep the brands separate. That way we market them the way we like and choose the details that go into the instruments. Still same HQ standards go into each instrument.

Hmmm. I have an idea who makes them.

Considering they are made in the US, that look like pretty good value to me.

Lets try this again! Last night I took delivery on my very own S/N: 1101 Sailor Brand Soprano! What a SWEET instrument! I'll try & do a sound sample later when not traveling, but... it is a very sweet sounding & playing uke. Photos below show some of the finer points, such as "14 frets to the body"; 19(!) frets total, friction tuners, beautifully figured Cherry over Poplar sides & back & one piece Spruce top. Currently strung w/Aquila's, but may try out other strings later after I've played it a bit. Now on to the eye candy!

View attachment 21010View attachment 21009View attachment 21008View attachment 21011View attachment 21012

Awesome.. Congrats on the new uke... I think sailor wife (ME) should have one too.. Enjoy... can't wait to hear the sound sample!

Congratulations on the new ukulele! That's some really pretty grain on the body. I hope it plays as good as it looks!

There's a Sailor Brand in my future! I'm getting a tenor with a kawazinga veneer (I'm told I'll have the first kawazinga tenor). Also asked for peghead tuners instead of geared or friction. Should be another 6 weeks or so till I see it.

I love the looks of these Sailor brand ukes! I love the cherry, love the logo....but I'm going to wait and see what they come up with that doesn't have a spruce top. I'd love to have the logo from the label inside the uke on a tee-shirt (or on a tattoo!)....

congratulations Gmoney. Well snapped up mate. Wishing you many years of rollicking the High "C"'s..... :)

Looking forward to a mahogany soprano, with friction tuners! I think that one is coming?

Top Bottom