FT: Blues Cigar Box Guitar for Uke

provines

Reaction score
SOLD

I was so proud of myself. I actually commissioned a four string cigar box guitar because I wanted a four string steel string baritione uke. I thought this style looked awesome so I sealed the deal. In the mean time I found the Mukudo uke/mandolin which is the instrument for me. The guitar arrived yesterday and I really don't need it and will not play it since I have my Mukudo (which you can see in my entry for Mim's contest)

It really didn't turn out to be the steel baritone idea that I thought it might. It turned out to be just what I commissioned, a four string steel blues cigar box GUITAR. I'd like to trade it for what I like to play, a uke. I'll throw in a bottleneck slide that I picked up and a DVD on how to play four string blues cigar box guitar that I bought on EBay. It has volume and tone control but the tone control is minimal. You really need to control it via your amp.IMG_5894.jpgIMG_5889.jpgIMG_5892.jpgIMG_5891.jpgIMG_5893.JPG

Interested? Got a uke you'd like to trade? Drop me a PM or email me at dprovines@provines.net.

Oh, I spent $250.00 on this rig excluding the slide and video. Just to give you an idea of trade values.

Last edited:
More Pics...

Here is the slide. The maker claims that he baptized it in the Lake Erie Delta and in the St. Claire River Delta. It comes with a cool homemade bag too.

IMG_5897.jpg

Last edited:
PM sent.As for the slide - the Mississippi delta has some cachet. The St. Clair River? Hmmm... and living on this side of Lake Erie, I never once heard it has a delta. It's a lake, not a river. But I'll still accept it if we make the trade...

I'm with you....

I live in deep East Texas and the only delta I'm familiar with is the Mississippi. I think the maker is pulling my leg but it does make a good story...

Top Bottom