PDA

View Full Version : My First Video

allUkedup
02-25-2011, 12:36 PM
ok....my friend wanted a video to see how I was coming along on the Uke...so I thought, what they hey, why not put it on youtube too.

here it is, this is me playing along with lil rev on his audio CD to Amazing Grace.

I've only been learning for about a month and I haven't played for about a week and a half.

let me know how I'm doing so far.

Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAv-9W1tRKc

fitncrafty
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Nice Job on your first video!! What kind of ukulele are you playing?

DAPuke
02-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey that sounded like Amazing Grace! good work:)
DAP

Pino
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Haha, the face you did on the beggining made me laugh for the rest of the song.. but the second time I listened to it it was pretty good, keep practicing!

SweetWaterBlue
02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
You are playing the chords right and in rhythm. I'd say you are doing good.

Craig Chee
02-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm happy you are taking up the ukulele! One thing I noticed is that you go up to the C chords (third fret on the A string) with your middle finger. I highly reccomend using your ring finger as this will help keep your fingers in a more efficient position as you switch to the G chord. For the barred D7 (barred 2nd fret with a finger on the third fret A string) try using your middle finger for the bar and the ring on the 3rd fret. This is much more natural feeling for me and allows an easier time (I try my best to make things as easy as possible!) for fast chord switching!
Keep it up!

mm stan
02-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Aloha Brad,
Nice job on your first video...Have fun and enjoy Happy Strummings...Thanks for sharing...you're coming along nicely...MM Stan

seoulsister
02-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Great Song Choice and Playing! I love the face in th beginnng too!

allUkedup
02-25-2011, 04:08 PM
hahaha, thanks for all the great replies!! It's a Mitchell MU100 Koa Conert Ukulele. My wife got it for me from Guitar Center last month for my birthday. About the middle finger on the C chord, I'd LOVE to do that, but the lil Rev book was telling me to use my middle finger. I guess I thought you HAD to do it with that one, but now that you said that, I'm going to start using the ring finger. I was doing it by mistake at first and it seemed much easier and natural to use that one.

Also, does anyone know how to make this video NOT make it look like I'm playing left handed? It just automatically does it because I'm recording it straight off my iMac.

Thanks again for the great comments and encouragement!

Chris Tarman
02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
hahaha, thanks for all the great replies!! It's a Mitchell MU100 Koa Conert Ukulele. My wife got it for me from Guitar Center last month for my birthday. About the middle finger on the C chord, I'd LOVE to do that, but the lil Rev book was telling me to use my middle finger. I guess I thought you HAD to do it with that one, but now that you said that, I'm going to start using the ring finger. I was doing it by mistake at first and it seemed much easier and natural to use that one.

Also, does anyone know how to make this video NOT make it look like I'm playing left handed? It just automatically does it because I'm recording it straight off my iMac.

Thanks again for the great comments and encouragement!

I had the left-handed problem with my Mac too at first... I was using the photo booth program. Try using iMovie. It's a little more complicated to use, but not bad once you get the hang of it. And you won't be reversed!

allUkedup
02-25-2011, 04:30 PM
that was my problem! Photo booth....time to correct that.

Chris Tarman
02-25-2011, 04:53 PM
that was my problem! Photo booth....time to correct that.

hehe... don't feel bad. I had to ask people on UU before I figured it out too! If you check out my channel, the two oldest videos are backwards.