PDA

View Full Version : Lets have a round of applause for the mods!

philpot
02-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Did anyone else see the spam rape that just flooded the site? Where is it now? Taken down <5min later. Lets take a moment and let the mods know that we appreciate them ;) *applauds* WTG MODS!

Dane
02-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Was it by a guy named Any Terrain?

He is following me around and posting nasty messages on all my websites and youtube videos. He is even making new youtube channels now just to spam me. He was no match for the UU staff! I absolutely love our community here.
You got Bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?42661-Any-Terrain). Thanks Mods!!

philpot
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
The "username" was Lil B, so based on your forum I would assume it has some connection, yeah :P

Dane
02-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Yep that was him too!! I guess they IP banned him. Down with the negative people!

Steve vanPelt
02-25-2011, 08:52 PM
:shaka::shaka::shaka::shaka:

chiefnoda
02-25-2011, 08:54 PM
*applauds* WTG MODS!

Me, too.

Cheers
Chief

janeray1940
02-26-2011, 05:26 AM
* applause *

Dang, that guy was annoying. Thanks for making him disappear!

sailor
02-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Was it by a guy named Any Terrain?

He is following me around and posting nasty messages on all my websites and youtube videos. He is even making new youtube channels now just to spam me. He was no match for the UU staff! I absolutely love our community here.
You got Bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?42661-Any-Terrain). Thanks Mods!!

Yikes. What's that about?!
Nice work mods...that was quick.

Papa Tom
02-26-2011, 05:38 AM
Hmmm..the spammers were squashed so quickly that I didn't even know they existed. Nice job.

joeybug
02-26-2011, 05:42 AM
*claps*

Yay for quick acting Mods!

Uncle Rod Higuchi
02-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Hurrah for the Moderators!

You folks do so much behind the scenes.

Thanks for the thread fo us to show our wonderful Mods a little Aloha!

Let's not forget our former and/or retired Mods as well!

Hip-Hip- Hurray!

and... keep uke'in',

pdxuke
02-26-2011, 06:29 AM
Cheers to the UU Homeland Security!

strumsilly
02-26-2011, 07:10 AM
didn'ty get to see it, I must have blinked, but I used to like some fried Spam with my eggs before they said it was bad for you.

Dane
02-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Never gets old... haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

peewee
02-26-2011, 08:06 AM
clap clap clap clap

Dane
02-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Is it strange that I played my ukulele over the spam song?

mm stan
02-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Mahalo Mods...
That guy was annoyng and X rated to my ears...TG he's gone

Plainsong
02-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Yep that was him too!! I guess they IP banned him. Down with the negative people!

But it's sweet. He's so in love with you that you take up many hours in his day. He wants you all for himself. It's cute. ;)

Seriously go back to 4chan little boy.

ukularwarhead
02-26-2011, 05:22 PM
keepin the aloha :shaka:

Dane
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Well the mere fact that I have my first youtube stalker must mean that I'm getting noticed ;)

Plainsong
02-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I wish that Reddit would have a IAMA teenage troll AMA. Because seriously I understand maybe you hide behind an avatar, and maybe you're not feeling too kind on a given day, and maybe someone deserves to get taken down a peg or two. I get that. People are people, and tend to do their worst when hiding behind a screen.

But someone like him, it's such a tremendous amount of time to waste just to make your epeen feel bigger, and you wasted so much time that you just come off as pathetic. I don't get it. Why play yourself like that?

brucemoffatt
02-26-2011, 07:31 PM
much mahalo to the moderators.

Dane
02-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Well the reasoning for it is that I ignore it, or respond in a positive way like "Oh thanks for the compliment" with a sarcastic smilie face (thanks for the tip Tudorp ;)) and it makes him angrier and angrier, so he keeps trying and trying and just makes a fool of himself.

Hankthetank
02-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Spammer are a part of the territory. That person wasn't the first and he/she won't be the last. If you ever see something suspicious like that on the boards, then click the little exclamation point in the lower left hand corner of the post and it will alert all the mods to that post. One of them will take care of it. It takes a village.

salukulady
02-26-2011, 07:43 PM
And we have the best village here.

Our mods rock!

itsme
02-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Spammer are a part of the territory. That person wasn't the first and he/she won't be the last. If you ever see something suspicious like that on the boards, then click the little exclamation point in the lower left hand corner of the post and it will alert all the mods to that post. One of them will take care of it. It takes a village.
Very true. I'm an admin at a vBulletin board much larger than UU. We have a crackerjack staff of mods, but no one can be everywhere at once, and we rely on members clicking that little "report" icon that dispatches a notice which gets attention so it's taken care of pronto.

The hallmark of a good moderating team like the one here at UU is that they work behind the scenes and so quickly that most of us rarely ever even see the spammers.

Kudos to the team here. I know how much work it really is, and you are all truly appreciated. :)

salukulady
02-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Very true. I'm an admin at a vBulletin board much larger than UU. We have a crackerjack staff of mods, but no one can be everywhere at once, and we rely on members clicking that little "report" icon that dispatches a notice which gets attention so it's taken care of pronto.

The hallmark of a good moderating team like the one here at UU is that they work behind the scenes and so quickly that most of us rarely ever even see the spammers.

Kudos to the team here. I know how much work it really is, and you are all truly appreciated. :)Question.....when you click on that icon and leave a message, do the mods know what thread you were on? I've used it but didn't signify the thread by name, assuming the program would lead them there. Was I wrong?

itsme
02-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Question.....when you click on that icon and leave a message, do the mods know what thread you were on? I've used it but didn't signify the thread by name, assuming the program would lead them there. Was I wrong?
Yes, it will show the post/thread that's been reported and provide a direct link so a mod can act on it quickly.

On my forums, when a post is reported, it sends an email to every designated mod for the specific forum it originated from, as well as to all the supermods and admins. It also starts a thread in a private "reported posts" forum we have set up that is only accessible to mods/admins.

salukulady
02-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Yes, it will show the post/thread that's been reported and provide a direct link so a mod can act on it quickly.

On my forums, when a post is reported, it sends an email to every designated mod for the specific forum it originated from, as well as to all the supermods and admins. It also starts a thread in a private "reported posts" forum we have set up that is only accessible to mods/admins.Thanks .

joeybug
02-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Well the mere fact that I have my first youtube stalker must mean that I'm getting noticed ;)

Yup! It seems to be the equivalent of calling girls meanie poopie heads in infant school, you like them, you just don't want your friends to know because man, girls are GROSS! So, obviously you're getting noticed and that can only be a good thing!

Coconut Willie
02-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Hip hip hooray!!!!!

Thanks mods...you all are da bomb!!!! :smileybounce: