Jewelry from Taiwan

Timbuck

Reaction score
Arrived yesterday:)
PICT0005.jpg

Those are the cheaper ones Ken - not Gotoh clones but somewhere between those and Ping tuners... I just got some Gotoh clones with ebony buttons. That guy hasn't had the classy 2 on a plate variety which I keep getting asked for :(

These are the best I can afford Pete :D..in fact! nowt wrong with em'.. they don't slip, have a smooth action..and look the job for style 1&0 sopranos:cool:...if I fitted more expensive ones then the price of the uke would have to go up..and it would still sound the same...and if the person who ends up with the uke, wants to upgrade...then I can live with that:music:
PICT0010.jpg

Last edited:
You could probably take them apart and replace the short posts with longer ones from a set of guitar tuners.

"Good thinking" Rob..that could work ?..or make some ? ......Hold everything!!! I just took one set apart, and I think? no I'm sure! that a piece of tubing (metal or plastic) slid over the existing shaft to make it longer would do the job.. a bit of epoxy or a pin to hold it in place and drill a fresh string hole?..and "Bob's ye'r Uncle"...a pic speaks a 1000 words.
PICT0009.jpg

...I think? no I'm sure! that a piece of tubing (metal or plastic) slid over the existing shaft to make it longer would do the job..

I've got half a set of classical guitar tuners here and that's exactly how they're made..

Never thought of that Ken - am going to try it :) Trust you to be using your engineering left brain :) Done - onto eBay now to get some 8mm delrin bar. Thanks much Ken. This solves many problems for me :)

NewSlotted.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting some black nylon rod - we'll see but thanks again Ken. Not much to be gained on headstock thickness because the plate is 17.5mm wide so I'm still constrained to use 19mm headstock but at least I get to control the style. These tuners are very good and I have a pile with ebony buttons.

Top Bottom