My Next Uke! UAS Strikes Again

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :D

With all the new Ukulele purchases going on, I've got my eye set on number 5! It's a Tanglewood TU 1 CE Soprano Cutaway Electro-Acoustic Ukulele (Link here) I originally wanted an Eleuke, but spoke to the Southern Ukulele Store, where I brought Lilo and was told they don't sell them in the UK anymore, I could look on eBay and get one from the US, but 1) They're above £200 and 2) I'd have to pay 20% VAT on that once it went through customs. The store sells the Uke for £99 with a hard case and having dealt with them before, I know they give good quality goods and equipment. I wanted the Eleuke for the headphones feature (and the MP3 feature, but I can live without that) and he said that this Uke (although not solid) with this amp - A Danelectro Honeytone, I could use the headphone feature on the amp and it's also a good quality amp. I trust their judgement and he said he's used both to play on stage, so that makes me feel more at ease.

My goal is to have this within the next six months, gonna put my books up on smashwords and both Amazon.com and .co.uk and try to raise some money that way and I've got B saving the bills money she would give me in a jar where I can't spend it so should have it within four months! If I can add an extra £30 a month to that, it'll be two!!!

I know it seems like I'm hyper, but I've been struggling with depression quite badly since my 29th birthday and I finally feel like I'm doing something with my life, finally seeing that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, just have to keep pushing on and I'll get there!

So progress so far: £0/£136 - watch this space!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Saturday!

Joey

Hmmm, are Tanglewood ukes available through a U.S. distributor? Are they being sold here under another name? I have a slight penchant for cutaway acoustic/electric ukes, especially Soprano (very few made) and concerts.

I was going to suggest getting a harley benton eleuke but they don't have a soprano anymore. they're basicly the same as an eleuke but with a diffrent name stamped on the headstock. even the gigbag is excactly the same XD

Nice goal Joey. It is always fun and inspiring getting a new uke. I am glad you are feeling better.

Hmmm, are Tanglewood ukes available through a U.S. distributor? Are they being sold here under another name? I have a slight penchant for cutaway acoustic/electric ukes, especially Soprano (very few made) and concerts.

I wouldn't know sorry!

Joey, I saw one on Eagle Music store's web site:

http://www.eaglemusicshop.com/products.asp?SubCatID=23&

Eric

It isn't an electric/acoustic model, hence the cheaper price, I'd have to get the pick up installed and don't know how much that would raise the price by. Thanks for the link though!

Nice goal Joey. It is always fun and inspiring getting a new uke. I am glad you are feeling better.

Yup, I'm so excitted!!! I've just been given £20 towards it by a friend, so I now only need to find £116 which seems so much more attainable!

OK Joey, this is what the page says:

" * Tanglewood
* TU1 CE Soprano Electro Acoustic Ukulele
* SRP: £79.99
Our Price: £71.99
* Price Match Available"

OK Joey, this is what the page says:

" * Tanglewood
* TU1 CE Soprano Electro Acoustic Ukulele
* SRP: £79.99
Our Price: £71.99
* Price Match Available"

Ah, didn't see that, might be an idea then..I'll keep the link in mind...Thanks for the info!

Eric,
Just called Eagle as they said they would price match, Southern Ukes offers it with a hard case and Aquila, so Eagle said with a hard case and Aquila, it would be well over a hundred, but they said they would see about price matching and will get back to me on Monday, so I'll let you know, thanks for the info!

Joey

Good on ya' Joey, do let us know what they say

I'll keep you all updated..I reckon if I can get it from them, it'll still be £99 but I'm not too happy about having to pay two lots of postage so will see if Eagle also do the amp or one similar, either way, I'll post as I save!

Those Tanglewoods are lovely little things. Nearly bought the same model a few years back until I realised they're a tad too small for me to play an E chord.

Those Tanglewoods are lovely little things. Nearly bought the same model a few years back until I realised they're a tad too small for me to play an E chord.

I'm really looking forward to ordering it...still £116 to go!

Aloha Joey,
Nice little ukulele you got your eye on..cool...getting a new uke always insipres and motivtes me when I get mine...nice goal to shoot for...and a nice price too....Happy Strummings, Have fun and enjoy! MM Stan

Aloha Joey,
Nice little ukulele you got your eye on..cool...getting a new uke always insipres and motivtes me when I get mine...nice goal to shoot for...and a nice price too....Happy Strummings, Have fun and enjoy! MM Stan

Thanks Stan, how many Ukes DO you own anyway? ;)

Just a quick update! I heard back from Eagle and they were unable to price match, so I'm gonna go with SUS (Southern Ukulele Store), SUS will set up with Aquila's and a hard case for only £99, when Eagle wanted between £30 and £50 to do so. It also means that because SUS have a maximum amount of postage I'll only pay one lot of £6.99.

The fund stands at £30 out of £136 and tomorrow when I get paid I shall add (or try to after everything else is paid for!) £20-30 myself which should bring it way under £100 and B is also gonna try and add £10-15 out of the money she would normally give me for bills so that will mean that the next time I get paid, I could be buying my Uke and Amp :squee:

I'll keep you all informed :D

sounds good Joey, thanks for update, glad to see it's getting closer :D

Joey, one of the little things you might consider (if available where you live) is a Vox amPlug AC30. This is a small headphone amp the plugs directly into a 1/4" (25mm?) jack on any instrument, has a headphone jack, and a CD/MP# player input.

The unit cost me $39.95 USD, and works well. The web site on the package is [url]www.voxamps.co.uk
[/URL]
Again, just something to consider while waiting to afford the larger amplifier.

-Kurt

Last edited:
Joey, one of the little things you might consider (if available where you live) is a Vox amPlug AC30. This is a small headphone amp the plugs directly into a 1/4" (25mm?) jack on any instrument, has a headphone jack, and a CD/MP# player input.

The unit cost me $39.95 USD, and works well. The web site on the package is [url]www.voxamps.co.uk
[/URL]
Again, just something to consider while waiting to afford the larger amplifier.

-Kurt

They don't seem to have the one you suggsted on their UK webstie, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place! I'll keep it bookmarked and see if any catch my eye! Thanks for the link :D

In other news, the pot now stands at £70/£136 with another possible £20 coming tomorrow!

Top Bottom