Jake's new Kamaka

That's hilarious.

"Spend $5,500 for a ukulele just like the one Jake USED to play!" (Or $17,000 on eBay)

That's hilarious.

"Spend $5,500 for a ukulele just like the one Jake USED to play!" (Or $17,000 on eBay)

The jake Ukes were not "Just like the one Jake played" the were just the Jake apporved signature model ( ie... his has a slotted headstock, the Jake models didn't)

So the Jake ukes you can buy are still approved and inspected by him, no difference.

JT

The jake Ukes were not "Just like the one Jake played" the were just the Jake apporved signature model ( ie... his has a slotted headstock, the Jake models didn't)

So the Jake ukes you can buy are still approved and inspected by him, no difference.

JT

Sorry, I stand corrected. You can pay $5,500 to get a ukulele which is KIND OF like the one Jake USED TO play. (Ironic, as when I heard an interview with Jake about his ukulele, he really talked about the slotted headstock being a big part of his design input, as it helps keep the proper balance)

I've got a feeling it's probably the same exact uke but with a different inlay. If you look at the one he used prior to his current one, it's the same but with a different inlay.

Hmmm...didn't realize Jake was using a different Kamaka. Anyone have pictures?

Looks like Jake caught the Kamaka fever that's going round UU, it's like UAS only worse! And we've got a major epidemic on our hands :D

Sorry, I stand corrected. You can pay $5,500 to get a ukulele which is KIND OF like the one Jake USED TO play. (Ironic, as when I heard an interview with Jake about his ukulele, he really talked about the slotted headstock being a big part of his design input, as it helps keep the proper balance)

You can if you want to. Don't have to. Free (mostly) country :)

awesome conversation about a free country we have going here, but I would like to see this new uke.

His next show is at Kunia Wal-Mart Waipahu, Hawaiii, it says on his website. He is playing March the 5th and tickets are free maybe he will use his new uke at the next show. If not maybe he will post a new update on his twitter.

His next show is at Kunia Wal-Mart Waipahu, Hawaiii, it says on his website. He is playing March the 5th and tickets are free maybe he will use his new uke at the next show. If not maybe he will post a new update on his twitter.

This just kills me! My daughter works at Kunia and this is the Walmart near the Starbucks I go to every day when I'm visiting her. So Jake'll just be hanging out at a Walmart...

Meanwhile, I just made reservations at Jazz Alley in Seattle for the end of the month to see him, requiring taking 2 days off of work to drive the 3 hours and back. But I bet I'll get to see the new uke :)

Hawaiians get all the breaks!

Top Bottom