amp help... Vox

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have been looking to buy an amp and was considering the Vox Da5. Seems to not be available many places is it not being manufactured any more?

GC has some but have to contact the individual stores to order. What a pain.

Anyone have a suggestion as an equivalent? I also considered the Roland Mobile cube..

Help.. I am going to pull the trigger on the eleuke in a few minutes....

Thanks all!

And since Musicians Friend, Guitar Center and Music 1-23 are the same company, shouldn't be too difficult to get if one of them has it - and if one has a lower price than the other, they WILL price match.

-Kurt

(I can't wait to see that EleUke!)

Okay, I just did a google search, and there are several places that claim to have the DA5, but... it isn't cheap!

For example, buy.com says it is in stock, for $139 + $14.15 shipping - $153.15 total.

However, most places state that it has been discontinued.

GC has the Roland Micro Cube for $129, and it is still in production.

-Kurt

Thanks you guys for the input... I know it isn't cheap.. the mobile cube isn't either I want to get one and not want to get another for a LONG time! The saleman tried to sell me more.. and I laughed my arse off because he said that I might become a famous uke player playing in clubs!! ha ha.. I will barely play in front of my family.. not getting famous any time soon! :)
So excited..I pulled the trigger.. the eleuke will be here soon!

Did you get the DA5 or the Mobile Cube? The Mobile Cube does about 1000 times better with the Eleuke because of its acoustic channel. It even sounds better out of the E Guitar channel. I wasn't even a Roland fan, but the Mobile Cube is spectacular with an Eleuke.

Did you get the DA5 or the Mobile Cube? The Mobile Cube does about 1000 times better with the Eleuke because of its acoustic channel. It even sounds better out of the E Guitar channel. I wasn't even a Roland fan, but the Mobile Cube is spectacular with an Eleuke.

Thanks for your input.. I haven't purchased an amp yet... Still debating...

I tried to buy a DA5 and all the places that said they could supply it couldn't. I was told it is discontinued and the nearest replacement from Vox is the mini-3, which I bought. I'm happy with the mini 3, would have preferred the DA5, and would also look seriously at the Roland 2-speaker mobile cube. Depending on what you want to use it for you might consider lots of other amps as well. Mine is for inside at home only so the mini 3 is ample, but for busking or stage performing you might want to consider more power.

I had a Pathfinder back in the day when I trying guitar. That's a fine fine amp. I prefer the acoustic sound the Eleuke is capable of, which acoustic, and keyboard amps do better than electric guitar amps, generally. But the thing is it depends on what sound you want. Maybe you want something with a bite to it and a bit crunchy. If you can find a music shop that has acoustic and e guitar amps, it might give you a general feeling of which direction you want to go sonically, and that's going to narrow down you field a bit. I mean I love the Mobile Cube. It pwns my DA5, but if you're going for something different you might not agree.

I like the roland mobile cube too...don't owe one but used one....I have the Marshall MG DFX 15 from my old days...it works fine...

I asked my husband which he thought sounded better with the Eleuke, since we do have both here, and he said "The Roland.... but it's still a Roland." <-- He just can't convince himself that Roland makes anything good, but admits it sounds better. :D

When I read this, he said "It'll break soon. It's a Roland." I dunno, I guess he had bad keyboard experiences before my time.

Top Bottom