LoPrinzi Model 'A' Cherry Tenor

H

Hippie Dribble

hello everyone

I have up for sale a LoPrinzi Model 'A' Cherry Tenor. PRICE DROP: $400 (with case included)

The ukulele has had probably only a couple of hours playing time since I bought it from elderly instruments in September of last year. It is near new.

Some specs:

top, back and sides: solid cherry
MOP position dots
fretboard: rosewood
bone nut and saddle
high G aquila strings
20 frets, 14 to the body

sounds beautiful; rich, sweet tone. great projection and sustain. spot on intonation.

Exceptionally light and very smooth to play. no issues. here are some pics...

DSCF5631(1).jpgDSCF5633(1).jpgDSCF5630(1).jpgDSCF5632(1).jpg

not a mark anywhere on the uke. selling to offset the cost of another tenor I have just bought (Tom Guy's curly maple 'flying owl')

RRP: $600. I am asking $450 plus shipping costs and I will also include a semi hard shell case.

you can hear a demo of the uke being played less than a week ago here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-mu3O4dSk

more pics to follow...

Last edited:
more pics...

DSCF5639.JPGDSCF5643.JPGDSCF5634(1).jpgDSCF5635(1).jpg

please PM me if you would like other photographs or you have any questions.

Thanks for having a look. :) eugene

Last edited:
Looks very pretty, John. This should get snapped up fairly quickly.

I'm curious about the cherry as a tonewood. How would you compare it to koa or mahogany?

Aloha Eugene,
Nice Uke, Nice price ....should go quickly....wow....
You bought Tom Guys Tenor??? Congrats nice...Happy Strummings...MM Stan:):)

I'm curious about the cherry as a tonewood. How would you compare it to koa or mahogany?

well, given your line of work Dana I guess you already know that cherry is a very dense, hard wood. As far as tone goes, I'd place it smack bang in the middle between koa and spruce. It's just got a nice, broad mid range voice that is well rounded. A very clean, clear and sweet tone with excellent projection. Just enough crispness on top and warmth underneath. And pretty, like you said mate. Cheers for the question! :)

SO tempted! :(

SO tempted! :(

BE tempted Snorky!!! It's a lovely uke. I'm only selling because of my obsessive / compulsive disorder which has seen me buy 2 ukes in 3 days. Just have to let one go unfortunately to cover some of the costs... :eek:

You´ve got me tempted as well Jon. I´ve been thinking about buying a Loprinzi for a while now although i was really looking to buy a concert. I think i´ll have to sleep on it and see what i think in the morning.

You´ve got me tempted as well Jon. I´ve been thinking about buying a Loprinzi for a while now although i was really looking to buy a concert. I think i´ll have to sleep on it and see what i think in the morning.

no worries Trefor. Appreciate your interest mate. See how you feel tomorrow. :)

Hopefuly it will still be around in the morning for you,Tio Trotsky. It looks like a great uke at a great price. I would jump on it if I were you!

Not as bright or as mellow. I have not played this paticular uke but I have played many of these cherry Loprinzis. I absolutely love them.

I have a cherry Model B. When I go to jams, people always comment on how nice it sounds. Someone should buy this thing. At this price, it's a steal. I'd buy it myself if hadn't just gotten hit with an unexpected tax bill.

-Pete

How much is shipping to the USA? Not that I can afford this right now. I'm sure folks are wondering.

If you go through USPS, it's about $50 to $60 bucks, depending on what options you want. I shipped one to Eugene for somewhere in that range, and he paid about the same shipping one to me, if I remember correctly. Of course, you could use UPS for the reasonable fee of about $350, too, if you're out of your mind.

Also, Eugene got me that uke, to the states, all the way on the east coast, in less than a week from Australia. He's great to deal with, for anyone who's wondering.

Thanks. I was wondering. I shipped a uke to Japan a few weeks ago for $80 through a shipper so they may have tacked on a few bucks for their fee. I tried to ship a uke to Thailand yesterday and they wanted $175! and that was USPS. I guess Thailand has some crazy postage fees. $60 sounds reasonable.

Thanks so much everyone for your interest in the LoPrinzi. The uke has now been sold.

And just a by the way provines...shipping from Aust to US generally between 55 and 80 dollars, depending on size and scale length of the uke and what kind of case it's being shipped in. With these things it tends to be the cases that bump up the cost with the extra weight.

Top Bottom