Strongly Considering Buying an Eleuke....

mendel

Reaction score
Concert size, Koa. The new ones with the offset faux soundhole. I'd be able to play and not wake my son. That's perfect!!

I emailed Mim with some questions.

Anyone have one??? Thoughts????

I just ordered one from the K series (picked the tenor) for the same reason....She said it would ship out tomorrow am. I will let you know what I think in the next few days.. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I have a tenor jazz cutaway model.. Love it.. Fun little bugger.. So inmho.. Go for it..

As you may know, my next Uke would have been an Eleuke if I could have found the one I wanted for a reasonable price and in the UK/EU, so I suggest you have a look at them and see if they have the needs you require...sorry if this doesn't make sense, my brain is half asleep!

I got one for Christmas and I love it. It's nice to be able to play late at night, with out being loud. You can also hook up an MP3 player or computer to it so you can listen to music as you play along with it easily.

My husband and I each have one. His is a tenor, mine's a concert. For quiet practice they are wonderful; loud enough to hear yourself but quiet enough to not wake anyone up.

Durability is a plus, too. Ours take heaps of neglect and a bit of abuse without showing it.

Hey mendel. Not to take a sale away from Mim, but there is one for sale on the Marketplace at flea market music with some extra goodies,(small amp and cord) for $210. Its your choice.

I've already snapped that one up :D

I saw it. I'm happier buying from someone that posts regularly here and has a reputation for fantastic customer service. In addition, Mim offers free shipping.

My Eleuke is my favorite uke. I got it for the same reason as why you are considering it. Mim is great to do business with.

Isn't the Eleuke Harley Benton like €98? That's pretty reasonable! Also, musique83 had them for cheap over Christmas, which is where I got mine.

Yes, the Eleuke is darn nice. It's nicer than the previous models were, which I got to see only briefly once.

Eleuke is one of those companies I give my thumbs up.
They've proven time after time in the recent times that they produce consistently high quality instruments at affordable, great value prices.

I can recommend them to people with ease of mind.

I bought an Eleuke recently, and I really like it. It will be very handy this summer, when I suddenly get lots of neighbors again. It's been fun to plug in the iPod and headphones, and play along. It's been compared to "ukulele karaoke", and that's not too far off.
When I began looking at them, someone said the Eleukes were slightly larger than their acoustic counterparts. I had wanted a tenor, but decided to get a concert based on that. I would like to note that the bodies of Eleukes are actually very small. The concert RH is the size of a Makala Dolphin soprano. Not what I expected, but still great.
Mim was wonderful. She suggested a slightly different color (metallic black instead of plain black, as plain has a tendency to scuff). I could still smell the lemony fret oil she used when setting up my uke, and she even partially filled out the warranty card! That's some good service!
I think you should go for it. It's not particularly expensive, and is a lot of fun.

I got my first Eleuke for the same reason you mentioned as well ;)! True story! About a year ago. And I agree Mim is great to do business with... hahaha! I crack myself up!

I returned your e-mail and I hope I answered all your questions! Thanks so much for the shout outs yall! I <3 my UU peeps!!! I don't know where I would be without you!

Looked up my origional Eleuke post... hahaha! I may have to do a Uke Talk post about my journey!
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?25878-New-Uke-Day-Came-Early!!!-Go-USPS!

I got my first Eleuke for the same reason you mentioned as well ;)! True story! About a year ago. And I agree Mim is great to do business with... hahaha! I crack myself up!

I returned your e-mail and I hope I answered all your questions! Thanks so much for the shout outs yall! I <3 my UU peeps!!! I don't know where I would be without you!

Looked up my origional Eleuke post... hahaha! I may have to do a Uke Talk post about my journey!
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?25878-New-Uke-Day-Came-Early!!!-Go-USPS!

That's a beauty Mim for sure!! I have eleuke on the brain.. can you imagine why??? he he... Would love to see a post about your eleuke journey!

That's a beauty Mim for sure!! I have eleuke on the brain.. can you imagine why??? he he... Would love to see a post about your eleuke journey!

Agreed. "Next on A&E, Ice Cream and Ukuleles: The Mim Story"
Do I get to have a cameo in it? "I knew her way back when..."

Wow- I am flattered to have so many fine, upstanding members of the UU community on my thread! All in one place, we have Mim, and the Eleuke peeps!!! Solid attendance!!!

Mim-
I got your response, and I am very excited to see your pics. Also, is it true that they are smaller than other Ukes? Not a problem for me, but I am curious!!

This is for Plainsong and Joeybug.
Harley Benton branded Eleukes are currently running right under 100 Euros. Plus approx. 15 in shipping. 20 to Norway where I live. I paid 89 euros for mine. B-stock according to thomann.de. Had two very small dents. Which in NO way affects the playability of the uke. One huge bonus is the well padded gigbag that's included. Always a great thing to have included.
So an Eleuke with an extra stringset and shipping should run just shy of 120 euros. to EU countries. Not sure about shipping to the us or asia though.

Agreed. "Next on A&E, Ice Cream and Ukuleles: The Mim Story"
Do I get to have a cameo in it? "I knew her way back when..."

YES! You get a cameo! You know you do!!! You get a whole chapter!!! Heck, the whole thing! What I consider my anniversary is coming up on March 3rd! I looked at some of my past threads about it and was amazed at what a year can do! It is ALL your fault! You know this ;)!

I saw it. I'm happier buying from someone that posts regularly here and has a reputation for fantastic customer service. In addition, Mim offers free shipping.

FACT, Mendel! Customer service after the sale has no assignable price. I buy most of my gear at a local music store, Giacoletti Music, as they provide supreme service after the sale. Buy from your local music store if you expect ultimate customer service. Ric

Top Bottom