My 45 minute set for The Alzheimer's Society (pics!)

byjimini

Reaction score
I did my first ever solo gig here before Christmas where we raised around £450 for the cancer ward at the local hospital - this time we're back and raised £550 for The Alzheimer's Society.

I was asked to fill a 45-minute set, and was petrified that I hadn't got enough songs or practiced enough - hoever ten minutes before the end of the set I still had 3 songs left to play!

A great night had by all, the best way to have fun and raise some cash for charity.

ca6b5d7f.jpg

That's me wailing away.

b5bb53e8.jpg

And that's all of us at the grand finale; the lady to the right of me is Marie Little, such a fantastic folkie. The rest of the people are a session band and great friends of mine, FiddLynMan Doris. Lyn (second guitarist from the right) and I are in another band (seen here) The Trollops.

We've got a great musical scene here in North Yorkshire - anyone that wants to join in sessions and sing-arounds can send me a message for any info - because it's bloody fun!

Last edited:
Good for you raising so much money!

Thanks for sharing :D

To quote Jumping Jim Beloff, "Uke can change the world".

It's great to see you doing your part to spread the Aloha!

Keep uke'in',

Aloha byjimini,
Hats off to you and the gang, what an honorable gesture of giving back...hip hip hooray for you all!!
Reminds me of the song, "We are the world"...."Ukes can make a Difference" Happy Strummings, MM Stan...

one of our family uke groups gigs is playing at an alzheimers home. Some of the folks actually sing along to our oldies so I think we are making a connection with them. some just sit there but I still get the feeling they are enjoying it. Thank you for supporting the cause.

Awesome that your using the uke to give something. Well done and keep it up.

awesome byjimini. Congratulations!!! You're doing a fantastic thing. I'm reminded of the verse from the sermon on the mount, "It is more blessed to give than receive". May good things follow you mate. :)

Nice work.
I alway panic about having enough songs, too. And we always end up dropping songs from our set list.

Wonderful use of your musical gifts. Mahalo!

Top Bottom