Who says ukulele music makes you happy?

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Well, I decided to make another version of "You Are My Sunshine". The one I put up last week was too sunny and bright (well, the VIDEO was...), and I realized I had forgotten a verse. I had intended to go out to some bleak location on a cloudy windy day and re-shoot the song, but tonight I got an inspiration (if you want to call it that!), and did it in my darkened "man cave".
I think this really nails the feeling I was after with the minor key arrangement. If Trent Reznor played ukulele, I imagine he might do something like this.
Remember.... I am a happy and funny guy in "Real Life". This is "acting", if you will.

This was one of the first songs I learned to play when I was a little kid, so I kind of think of it as a simple little folk song. I love what the Cuties and you have done with it by moving it to a minor key - so much more complex and sophisticated.

Ooh, that was kind of creepy, and compelling. I liked it. Good job.

WHOA! Love it! Chris does the Cuties, and I think I like it better with the freaky lighting and the heartfelt riff. Nice job - I found myself singing background for you watching it. Very dark - very cool.

Aloha Chris,
A happy song in a minor key...Love the dark side, intresting and cool....enjoyed it...thanks for sharings.. Happy Strummings...MM Stan
BTW, the Kiwaya 7 sounds really nice, what strings do you have on it now????:)

Stan, it has Worth CMs. I'm liking them! They're kind of expensive, but each set is enough to make TWO sets (soprano, at least), so it isn't so bad really.

Yes, I have to agree, this is creepy. If I had a lover that sang it to me like that, I'd wait for him to leave, pack my bags, throw them in my car, grab my cats and uke, and be GONE! Nice job, though...

Nice job Chris. Rally effective lighting.

Great video there Chris...
and the Kiwaya! THere is something about the way the Martin sounds that I could never describe or place, but this has it doesn't it? Fantastic Uke

A: Great video. Thanks for sharing.
B: Why have I not heard of Leftover Cuties til this? I just did some searching when people on here mentioned "the cuties" and I kinda love that group. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom