Updates to my websites of interest to builders...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
As most of you know I oftenpost here to answer questions or report generally on my YouTube uploads and creations. I still get lots of mail asking what I am doing so there is a blog on my website where you can see what's happening. I'm going to try and do a morning and night entry if time permits. I hope you find this interesting since it will give you a great idea of how work progresses and maybe some of the process involved.

Also I have changed some of the pages and sections to my website so if you have commissioned a piece from me check here for progress - this is a very slow upload of clients waiting for work. The images I am currently taking are quite poor - I have a 'new' camera and can't seem to get good colour from it...

Last edited:
I think there is a problem generic to people like you and I, Pete. We enjoy doing what we do so much that we want to share it with a wider audience. This is where the internet comes in. We can reach a lot of people through our websites, videos, and forum postings. Trouble is, these things take time and sitting at a computer is not where our passion lies. Figuring out a new tool—in your case a camera—takes even more time away. I've never made a video because I've never bothered to learn how. Too many other things to do.

My own sites are idle for weeks at a shot despite a host of new info, projects, or interesting (to me at least) things to put up there. Fact is, I'd rather be in the shop.

But when you come to my shop for the LA Extreme Build, the progress updates will be done daily. Really. I'll take the pictures in between gluing, sanding, aligning, carving, ...

Is the jig in todays post for my uke?

Yes it is James and i have just mocked up the cutaway on a concert body I trashed. Going to the bench now to take a look at it... which I have just done and the results are great - I am very confident about this style of cutaway now and look forward to working on it later in the month. Now loaded and for viewing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom