Decided on my Kamaka Tenor :)

PedalFreak

Reaction score
As many of you know, and have helped with, I've been looking for a Kamaka Tenor. I've decided on a special order with Kamaka :)

Been on the phone with them a bunch (great people btw :) ). I'm going to order a HF-3 with an Ebony fretboard & Bridge, maybe an Ebony headstock veneer. We are going to talk woods when I'm at the factory next week.

I'll post some details here after I order it, and then in approx. 4-5 weeks I'll post some photos of it :)

Thanks again for all the comments, suggestions and help from everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats. I ordered my Kamaka from the factory last August and I love it. Look forward to some pics.

I bet it will be a stunner for sure.

A very good decision pedalfreak. You will pay more than you would have had you bought one second hand, but you will end up with exactly what you want. Will you be able to pick out your wood sets when you are at the factory?

A very good decision pedalfreak. You will pay more than you would have had you bought one second hand, but you will end up with exactly what you want. Will you be able to pick out your wood sets when you are at the factory?

Not sure if I'll be able to pick out the woods or not. But I'm going to talk to them about that :)

This is what I finally decided. This is going to be my #1, my "lifelong ukulele", so I want it to have the specs that I want. So if it costs more it'll be ok :)

I'm going to try to talk them into doing a couple other options I have in mind. But since they aren't doing "customs" anymore I don't know if they'll fly or not. We shall see!

Congrats on making this decision and soon to be laying hands on a great Ukulele. Definately Kamaka fever going round UU, but for good reason!

That's great!!!! Kamaka ukes are really awesome and you are gonna love it!!! Looking forward to the pictures!!!
Have fun in Hawaii!!!

Happy for you, man!!!

As many of you know, and have helped with, I've been looking for a Kamaka Tenor. I've decided on a special order with Kamaka :)

Been on the phone with them a bunch (great people btw :) ). I'm going to order a HF-3 with an Ebony fretboard & Bridge, maybe an Ebony headstock veneer. We are going to talk woods when I'm at the factory next week.

I'll post some details here after I order it, and then in approx. 4-5 weeks I'll post some photos of it :

Thanks again for all the comments, suggestions and help from everyone!
Aloha PedalFreak,
Congratulations, and have a nice time while you're here..it's nice weather now...cool
sunny and beautiful...let us know how it goes..I'm sure this will be your holy grail ukulele.
Happy Stummings, Have fun and enjoy...MM Stan:):)

Last edited:
Congrats :) I'm sure you will have an amazing time writing your own kamaka story as i know i have!

Glad to hear about your decision..... You definitely won't regret it! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

I'm going to try to talk them into doing a couple other options I have in mind. But since they aren't doing "customs" anymore I don't know if they'll fly or not. We shall see!

Kamaka will upgrade the koa wood. They will also upgrade to an ebony fretboard, bridge, and headstock faceplate. These options are called "specials". They will not upgrade binding, purfling, or rosette. Here is a link with an explanation.... http://www.kamakahawaii.com/specials.html

Last edited:
Spoke on the phone with them at length on this. They will be starting that up again :D I'll be talking with the guys on this when I get there.

Do you mean that they will be starting up custom work? I know that they had plans to start up again sometime this year.

Top Bottom