Farther Along

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's something I heard the other when I watched that amazing film, "Winter's Bone". The song is used in the closing credits. It is an old gospel song from the 1930's, I think.

FARTHER ALONG

Very nice Ken! I love the old timey gospel songs. I have played them for many years on the piano, and recently been doing some of them on my uke. You have a good voice for them. You should do more of them. Brumley, Stanphil, Lister, Rambo, and others have done some great ones over the years.I don't know if in UK your congregations are that acquainted with our old time gospel heritage. I used to play for our church choir when I was younger and the congregation always liked the old time gospel. Thanks!! Lozark

Last edited:
Great job Ken. I used to play (guitar) & sing that with a little bluegrass gospel group. That one's very popular on the nursing home circuit!

John

Great job Ken. I used to play (guitar) & sing that with a little bluegrass gospel group. That one's very popular on the nursing home circuit!

John

Haha. I too used to play a lot more bluegrass when I played guitar rather than uke. I love to just jam along to this sort of gospel song.

Very nice Ken! I love the old timey gospel songs. I have played them for many years on the piano, and recently been doing some of them on my uke. You have a good voice for them. You should do more of them. Brumley, Stanphil, Lister, Rambo, and others have done some great ones over the years.I don't know if in UK your congregations are that acquainted with our old time gospel heritage. I used to play for our church choir when I was younger and the congregation always liked the old time gospel. Thanks!! Lozark

I know a lot of the old American hymns. We used to sing them in the church I attended until recently. I am aware though, that there are many great gospel songs that are not sung in church in the UK (and most churches in the US). Too many inane, repetitive, non-scriptural modern choruses are sung in many churches today. There are many good modern Christian songs, but many bad ones too.

Thanks Ken. i"m going to recommend this to our family uke group.

Love it Ken, I have sung this many times church, long ago. Thanks,
DAP

Top Bottom