Distribution (percent of each type) of ukuleles by size

lookingforcurly

Reaction score
I am fairly new here, so if this has been brought up recently, ignore me. Just curious though what is the distribution (percent of each) of ukuleles by size (soprano, concert, tenor, baritone). It would also be interesting to know the distribution at price points, low <$300, 300-800, >$800. And finally, what is the most preferred size.

i can only speak for my own ukes:

2 - Sopranos < 300
1 Concert 300-800

I can only speak for myself as well but here is my distribution:

soprano - 3
soprano with concert neck - 1
tenor - 1
baritone - 2

< $50 - 2
$50 < $100 - 1
$100 < $150 - 4

Brand distribution:

Lanikai - 1
Ohana - 2
Flea Market Music - 1
Makala - 1
Henshaw - 1
Harmony - 1

These prices recognize the fact that I bought 3 of my ukes in the $100-$150 range used.

I suspect the distribution will be quite different depending on how long you have been playing. I know I started with a tenor, moved to soprano and concert then all the way back up to baritone and back down to sopranos. I think this is rather common as people try to find out which size(s) they like best. The cost distribution also tends to move up in cost as you gain enough experience to know the difference between a $50 and a $300+ uke.

Last edited:
I've never seen any statistics on this, but I'd hazard a guess that soprano/concert way outsell tenor/baritone and <$300 way outsell everything else.

Itsme seems right on target with this. I imagine that soprano is the most popular size.

Last edited:
I see more sopranos than any other size and it seems that the concerts and tenors can be evenly distributed out. I think that i see more sopranios than baritones. My personal collection is:

sopranos-3 (2 under $50 and one under $150)
Long neck soprano-1 (Over $300)
concert-1 ($50 but it was a factory second)
Tenor-3 (All over $500 and 2 over $800)

Last edited:
Only speaking for myself..

All 4 are Soprano's

3 Under $100
1 over $100

I'll add input for my wife and I:

Soprano (pineapple) - 1
Concert - 1

<$300 - 1
$300-$800 - 1

Top Bottom