PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Buzzing String

Zia
03-01-2011, 04:43 AM
i just got myself a luna uke with dolphins on it. it has a buzzing string. it is making me crazy and sad. i don't even feel like getting out of bed! i have 18 minutes until the guitar store opens and then i'm going to bring it down there and beg them to fix it. i cannot live like this! if they cannot fix it, i may have to take up the banjo or mandolin or something.

fitncrafty
03-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Zia... I have the luna concert floral.. I had a buzz on my strings when I brought it home. Luna stands behind their products and it was fixed and set up properly by the shop I purchased it at for no charge... that was in October.. I was so upset because I saved and saved for it, then I got it home and I thought I was going to have to return it. I was in tears.. Alas I also wrote Luna and Yvonne the owner wrote me back personally to make sure it was corrected.. They are an awesome company...
I saw that uke at the shop the other day. It's so pretty.
Good luck I hope your shop is as good to you as the one I purchased mine at! it can be fixed or they should get you a new one!

Zia
03-01-2011, 05:11 AM
oh, it is nice to know there is hope! thank you. now i will get out of bed and attempt to troubleshoot the problem. strange how i initially think every problem can be addressed by staying in bed..

Zia
03-01-2011, 08:36 AM
it seems that there is not much hope for this instrument. one of the tuners vibrates (it's not firm against the gear) and also the under-saddle pickup is uneven and vibrate-y. it's just a buzzing bastard all-around. this is what the guitar guy said. i'm not sure if i should seek a replacement from luna or just move on to another uke brand.

fitncrafty
03-01-2011, 08:42 AM
If you love the uke, seek a replacement.. contact Luna directly... I am certain that they will fix it for you... Can the tuner be tightened? I am wondering if it was out in the shop and mishandled...

Zia
03-01-2011, 09:29 AM
No, the tuner cannot be tightened...The actual whole assemblage is loose and doesn't fit together correctly. I think I am going to get it replaced just to give it another try, because I actually do love the uke. I just hope a new one does not have the same problems. If it does, then I will seem like one of those irritating people who can never be pleased.

fitncrafty
03-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I am glad that you are going to give it another try.. good luck. Did you contact Luna directly? does the shop have another to trade out? I think they would be making every effort to make you happy...
Good luck!

joeybug
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I also have a Luna, A Tattoo Soprano pineapple, they are a good brand and I hope you can get it swapped out for one that isn't buzzy all round!

Good Luck!

Zia
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
wtf. now the buzzing has stopped. it stopped right after i arranged an exchange with the dealer. that guitar guy spent 45 minutes with my uke and gave me a list of things wrong with it. perhaps he was mocking me. perhaps one shouldn't bring a uke to a guitar guy. i should have stayed in bed.

fitncrafty
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Sometimes the buzzing is operator error, poor fretting, etc.. If my pointer finger gets a little long, it will buzz on the string above it.. get the new one anyhow and make sure it's right.. don't bring it to a guitar guy if you don't have to. A good luthier should be able to fix most stringed instruments...

Zia
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
i swear i'm not that dumb. it was open-string buzzing. there is a demon living in my uke. or a ghost maybe. i do live in new orleans, so it's possible. i'm going to go away now because this entire episode has been extremely embarrassing.