Stupid Buzzing String

Zia

Reaction score
i just got myself a luna uke with dolphins on it. it has a buzzing string. it is making me crazy and sad. i don't even feel like getting out of bed! i have 18 minutes until the guitar store opens and then i'm going to bring it down there and beg them to fix it. i cannot live like this! if they cannot fix it, i may have to take up the banjo or mandolin or something.

Zia... I have the luna concert floral.. I had a buzz on my strings when I brought it home. Luna stands behind their products and it was fixed and set up properly by the shop I purchased it at for no charge... that was in October.. I was so upset because I saved and saved for it, then I got it home and I thought I was going to have to return it. I was in tears.. Alas I also wrote Luna and Yvonne the owner wrote me back personally to make sure it was corrected.. They are an awesome company...
I saw that uke at the shop the other day. It's so pretty.
Good luck I hope your shop is as good to you as the one I purchased mine at! it can be fixed or they should get you a new one!

oh, it is nice to know there is hope! thank you. now i will get out of bed and attempt to troubleshoot the problem. strange how i initially think every problem can be addressed by staying in bed..

it seems that there is not much hope for this instrument. one of the tuners vibrates (it's not firm against the gear) and also the under-saddle pickup is uneven and vibrate-y. it's just a buzzing bastard all-around. this is what the guitar guy said. i'm not sure if i should seek a replacement from luna or just move on to another uke brand.

If you love the uke, seek a replacement.. contact Luna directly... I am certain that they will fix it for you... Can the tuner be tightened? I am wondering if it was out in the shop and mishandled...

No, the tuner cannot be tightened...The actual whole assemblage is loose and doesn't fit together correctly. I think I am going to get it replaced just to give it another try, because I actually do love the uke. I just hope a new one does not have the same problems. If it does, then I will seem like one of those irritating people who can never be pleased.

I am glad that you are going to give it another try.. good luck. Did you contact Luna directly? does the shop have another to trade out? I think they would be making every effort to make you happy...
Good luck!

I also have a Luna, A Tattoo Soprano pineapple, they are a good brand and I hope you can get it swapped out for one that isn't buzzy all round!

Good Luck!

wtf. now the buzzing has stopped. it stopped right after i arranged an exchange with the dealer. that guitar guy spent 45 minutes with my uke and gave me a list of things wrong with it. perhaps he was mocking me. perhaps one shouldn't bring a uke to a guitar guy. i should have stayed in bed.

Sometimes the buzzing is operator error, poor fretting, etc.. If my pointer finger gets a little long, it will buzz on the string above it.. get the new one anyhow and make sure it's right.. don't bring it to a guitar guy if you don't have to. A good luthier should be able to fix most stringed instruments...

i swear i'm not that dumb. it was open-string buzzing. there is a demon living in my uke. or a ghost maybe. i do live in new orleans, so it's possible. i'm going to go away now because this entire episode has been extremely embarrassing.

Top Bottom