Matthew Morrison's (Glee) New Uke Driven Single

Magoosan

Reaction score
Matthew Morrison, who has played uke both on the show and in concert, has just released the first single off his debut album. It's called Summer Rain and has a very cool uke driven groove throughout the song. Give it a listen. More ukes making it into Pop mainstream. Very cool!

Thanks for the info, will have to check it out!

Very cool that he's using the uke in his music!

But to be honest, I think it's going to take awhile for me to get used to hearing him singing outside of "Glee". I hear that voice and just think "Will Schuster" and picture him dancing around the classroom, etc. Am I the only one? :)

JJ

But to be honest, I think it's going to take awhile for me to get used to hearing him singing outside of "Glee". I hear that voice and just think "Will Schuster" and picture him dancing around the classroom, etc. Am I the only one? :)

JJ

I don't watch Glee, so his name means nothing to me, just heard good things about his Uke playing :D

JJ

I caught him in "South Pacific" on Broadway a couple of years ago B.G. (before Glee). However his character is really starting to grate on me so I may be in the same boat as you, JJ.

OK, I dig the uke, but otherwise, that song makes "Hey, Soul Sister" sound like a work of musical genius. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy.

So, the question is: When can we get Aldrine to teach us this one? At least the strum pattern, as the chords are fairly simple... Ed

Ha ha ha, I turned it off. Too mainstream cheesy. I see I am not the only one...

Top Bottom