PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Morrison's (Glee) New Uke Driven Single

Magoosan
03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Matthew Morrison, who has played uke both on the show and in concert, has just released the first single off his debut album. It's called Summer Rain and has a very cool uke driven groove throughout the song. Give it a listen. More ukes making it into Pop mainstream. Very cool!

joeybug
03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info, will have to check it out!

Mouthy1
03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
http://www.billboard.com/news/listen-glee-star-matthew-morrison-s-summer-1005051682.story#/news/listen-glee-star-matthew-morrison-s-summer-1005051682.story

Scroll down half page. Like it! Not sure about the song but the UKe rocks.

Ukulele JJ
03-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Very cool that he's using the uke in his music!

But to be honest, I think it's going to take awhile for me to get used to hearing him singing outside of "Glee". I hear that voice and just think "Will Schuster" and picture him dancing around the classroom, etc. Am I the only one? :-)

JJ

joeybug
03-02-2011, 03:34 AM

But to be honest, I think it's going to take awhile for me to get used to hearing him singing outside of "Glee". I hear that voice and just think "Will Schuster" and picture him dancing around the classroom, etc. Am I the only one? :-)

JJ

I don't watch Glee, so his name means nothing to me, just heard good things about his Uke playing :D

hopkid
03-02-2011, 03:41 AM

JJ

I caught him in "South Pacific" on Broadway a couple of years ago B.G. (before Glee). However his character is really starting to grate on me so I may be in the same boat as you, JJ.

redheadedali
03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
OK, I dig the uke, but otherwise, that song makes "Hey, Soul Sister" sound like a work of musical genius. Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy.

edgar44
05-23-2011, 07:49 PM
So, the question is: When can we get Aldrine to teach us this one? At least the strum pattern, as the chords are fairly simple... Ed

roxhum
05-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Ha ha ha, I turned it off. Too mainstream cheesy. I see I am not the only one...