Guess who had the best day ever!?

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
That would be me! I went to the NC uke academy in Wilmington, NC today. My wife wanted to buy me a Kala tenor for my upcoming birthday. I thought that was so awesome because I wanted a tenor size just to see if I like them before I get a "K" model someday. Anyway, I not only got the Kala tenor but a Dolphin too! What a day! The best part of it is she paid for both of them! What a woman! What a day! rem

methinks that is a very good thing. what color is yer dolphin mate? congratulations on both acquisitions.

You got a great wife there!!!!
Congrats on your new ukes and Happy Birthday!!!!

The dolphin is a yellow with an orange sunburst. I have to admit I really am sold on the tone. I cannot believe you can get that much fun for such small dollars! will post dolphin pic. Gotta wait on tenor till this weekend when she gives it to me! Ha!

Congrats. Which Kala tenor did your wife buy you?

Aloha and Happy Birthday Rem50,
I'd say you've got great judgement...when you pick and choose..a wonderful supportive wife who supports your ukulele passion and two cool ukes...Have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings...MM Stan

thanks for all the birthday wishes but I quit counting at 50:) ! Ha! The tenor is mahogany (? reddish with white binding) I think. I will post a picture this weekend when I get it. Not allowed to play it till then. In fact, she even hid it! Ha! It looks exactly like my Kala soprano. I have to say with the quality of these low end ukes I don't know if I can ever justify buying another high dollar one.

thanks for all the birthday wishes but I quit counting at 50:) ! Ha! The tenor is mahogany (? reddish with white binding) I think. I will post a picture this weekend when I get it. Not allowed to play it till then. In fact, she even hid it! Ha! It looks exactly like my Kala soprano. I have to say with the quality of these low end ukes I don't know if I can ever justify buying another high dollar one.
HaHaHa. Please let us know what you think in a couple of weeks. :-) Ever heard of UAS? Seriously, though: Enjoy the heck out of them.

-to small child- you see son, one day, you'll find a woman. And you'll really like her see? And she'll really like you. And... well... She'll buy you ukuleles. And BAM, you found your wife. Glad we had this talk.

Congratulations on the new ukuleles, on your birthday, and on having such a cool spouse. Enjoy them all!

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your new ukes. Enjoy. Happy for you. I trust you treat your wife as well as she treats you.

Love visiting NC Ukulele Academy and spending time talking with Kent and playing all of the great ukes. Have had a chance to play many different brands there. The Kalas are great and the Dolphins really nice at that price point. Congrats on your new ukes and best wishes for a very Happy Birthday!

Top Bottom