PDA

View Full Version : Strings for a Fluke Tenor

NerdicusMaximus
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I have a Fluke Tenor with Aquila strings on it. I see everyone raving about them , but I don't really care for them. They feel a little too stiff for me. I have Martin strings on my soprano, and I really like the way they feel now that they are broken in. I can't find Martin strings into fit a Tenor. I am not really sure if they make them. Anyway, What brand would be like Martin strings in terms of feel for a tenor size Ukulele?

cletus
03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I have Aquilas on my Fluke concert and it's fine, but I have Worth strings in both clear and brown in waiting for the next string change(s).
I can't comment on Martin strings, never used 'em yet.

NerdicusMaximus
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I think it is a matter of preference and feel. I found Martin Tenor strings after I posted the thread. Duh. I didn't think to Google it. I just looked on the same music site I always go to, Musicians friend. They had Soprano and Baritone, but no Tenor. I found them on Elderly Music. I will give them a shot.

Nickie
03-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Maybe you got a bad set? I love my Aquilas. I have some Martins, too, but don't care for them as much...

SailingUke
03-02-2011, 07:02 AM
I have always used Aquilas on my Tenor Fluke.
Once all I had was a concert set so I used them, they are a bit thinner.
Flukes are usually loud so it was a bit subdued with lighter strings, it actually sounded good unless you want loud.
I had a set of Orcas I took off a uke that I was unhappy with the sound and put them on my Fluke.
They worked out great the uke is easy to play and as a great voice.

NerdicusMaximus
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks, Sailinguke. I will give it a try. I have a set of Concert Martin strings at the house. Like I said before, the sound is fine. I just don't like the feel. I do not think that I have a bad set. I know that it is simply a feeling thing. I appreciate it.