"The War Always Wins" (original)

H

Hippie Dribble

howdy gang,

I wrote this song awhile after the US first invaded Iraq. I confess I never agreed with that war, or any war for that matter. Amongst other things, I was devastated by the intolerable irony of murdering thousands of innocents whilst standing behind God's coat-tails.

The song was written on an acoustic guitar, so this morning I made a uke arrangement for it and had a go at recording it in the study. It was an itch that needed scratching, especially as dark clouds gather over Gaddafi's Libya.

I think history has shown us that in war, no matter who's side you're on, no-one ever really wins except war itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7bx9ir4ZAM

thanks for watching. I'd be interested in your thoughts if you feel inclined to share them...

It's a great song. Thanks again, mate.

Aloha Eugene,
Another hit man...I really like this one alot..nice playing and lyrics...love your private library....wow...I just can imagine you CD and DVD library....Thanks for sharing....Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Great song Eugene, I agree war sucks! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
DAP

cletus, Stan and Don

thanks guys for the encouragement. I've probably written more than 300 songs I reckon in the last 25 years. I'll wheel a few out here and there over the next few months. They've all been written on an acoustic guitar though, so it'll be fun to work out some uke arrangements for some of them.

And Stan, re the library: both Eugenie and I are terrible bookworms. We love reading literature of all kinds, fiction, biography, reference, art, spiritual stuff, poetry...you name it. In a previous life I got to PhD level in English Literature and tutored 1st year uni students for awhile. Burnt out with acadeamia in the end and now content to read for pleasure with no strings attached. A much more enjoyable experience that way. And yeah, the CD and DVD libraries are massive as well. Junkies for books and music, films to a lesser extent.

Top Bottom