Handpainted Tenor (for auction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hippie Dribble

howdy gang

just a FYI, I have a handpainted tenor up for auction on evil bay. I have tried to sell it a couple of times here on the marketplace, but to no avail.

With no other option I could see, I have listed it on ebay with a VERY low reserve

here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120690076749&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

hoping that some of you may be interested in a lovely piece of artwork.

thanks for having a look everyone!!! :)

That's really cool looking. Did you paint it?

What model/make of ukulele is it? Does it play well? Thx

hi Tiki

nothing special about the uke itself mate. Just a garden variety mahalo tenor. Plays like a garden variety mahalo tenor. Sounds fine for a typical low end uke. Intonation is good too. Strung with aquilas.

here's the guts:

the uke cost me $110. It is brand new. the artwork I commissioned cost $350. So all up, the value at sale is $460. I didn't buy an expensive uke as I couldn't see the value in painting something expensive that was only bought purely as a display piece. The reserve is $100 which I think is ridiculously low and an awesome bargain for anyone interested in this kind of thing. It was only painted August 2010. It has several layers of thick protective gloss over it and the surface itself is textured and looks and feels amazing.

There you have it! Hope this helps. :)

thanks for your interest everyone. Just a FYI, the auction finished this morning and sold to a fellow in Oz for $152. Wherefore art thou oh squandered resources...a lesson here for me somewhere I'm sure... :eek:

Art is so personal, it is difficult to sell for what you think it is worth unless that special person drops by that appreciates it like you do. At the least, you helped the original artist by commissioning her work which helped her with other projects and you enjoyed it while you had it.

Item has been sold and the thread is
locked.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom