PDA

View Full Version : New Uke Day!!!! hurray!!!

fitncrafty
03-02-2011, 08:19 AM
So here it is, and I am IN LOVE with this thing.. It's a k-series tenor eleuke in violet! I love it!! It sounds GREAT.. Looks awesome, and I can't believe how fast it got here!! I have to say, it is tiny I don't know what I was expecting, but it seems so small!!

I got to unbox it while chatting on skype with Joeybug which was extra fun! Came with a tuner, extra battery, and MP3 chords.. yeah!! The included case is quite nice and extra padded, I am jamming with my new amp, to see if I like it (the amp that is), so far so good.

I feel like a rock star (now I have to practice so I can play like one) Thank you Singapore (and thank you Mim for extra great service!)

roxhum
03-02-2011, 08:22 AM
WooHoo Congratulations!!! This is just your second ukulele, correct? What great fun. I am happy for you. violet no less.

Eric Blooduke
03-02-2011, 08:37 AM
That's great fitncrafty, pictures please

mds725
03-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Congratulations on your new eleuke! I bought an eleuke from Mim (it also came with a Snark tuner) and I'm having lots of fun with it. Pics would be fun. :)

Mandarb
03-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Congrats on the new uke. Enjoy.

808boy
03-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Aloha fitncrafty,
Congrats on the awesome looking uke. Have fun with your new friend......enjoy.........................BO...... ..........

fitncrafty
03-02-2011, 09:17 AM
WooHoo Congratulations!!! This is just your second ukulele, correct? What great fun. I am happy for you. violet no less.

I actually have 4 now, however my first is so buzzy I barely (never) play it and a makala dolphin that my husband is 'painting' and I have never played it yet.. so I guess yes, this is my second maybe 3rd.. 2 are unplayable at the moment.. The color is much nicer in person... I love it.

Thanks all!

joeybug
03-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Yay for new Ukes! YAY for skype chatting! Will have to do that again!

mm stan
03-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Aloha fitncrafty,
Woooooo Wooooooo!!! Congratulations...on your new Ele Uke....are you putting the WW logo on it...it sure is pretty and must be tons of fun....especially plugged in..Can imagine your house today...especially with the new Line 6 too..
Have fun and enjoy!!! So Happy for you!! weeeeee!!! Happy Strummings. MM Stan..

rem50
03-02-2011, 12:47 PM
well if you were skyping with Joeybug did she recommend a name? I don't name mine but I know she does! :)

Ingrate
03-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Of my 2 'ukes, I play the Eleuke more. I love the sustain, and the privacy. (don't have an amp, even) I play the KoAloha when I've got something "mastered" enough to be heard by others.

I hope you find your Eleuke to be as fulfilling as I have mine (if not more)!

jeff

ksiegel
03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
I am jamming with my new amp, to see if I like it (the amp that is), so far so good.

I feel like a rock star (now I have to practice so I can play like one) Thank you Singapore (and thank you Mim for extra great service!)

You are a rock star, Carrie - Just by virtue of being a great Mom! Rockin' the uke only adds to it!

The pic of the Uke looks great - can't wait to see it in person. So what kind of amp did you get? And from where - local, or on-line?

-Kurt

fitncrafty
03-02-2011, 01:37 PM
well if you were skyping with Joeybug did she recommend a name? I don't name mine but I know she does! :)

No Joey didn't recommend a name, but after 4 months I just named my luna.. :) it will come to me!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Of my 2 'ukes, I play the Eleuke more. I love the sustain, and the privacy. (don't have an amp, even) I play the KoAloha when I've got something "mastered" enough to be heard by others.

I hope you find your Eleuke to be as fulfilling as I have mine (if not more)!

jeff

Thanks Jeff.. I am loving it so far, I just keep getting it out and looking at it. I texted the photo of it to my boys guitar teacher (who is awesome) I just can't stop touching it...

You are a rock star, Carrie - Just by virtue of being a great Mom! Rockin' the uke only adds to it!

The pic of the Uke looks great - can't wait to see it in person. So what kind of amp did you get? And from where - local, or on-line?

-Kurt
Kurt you are so kind, Thank you!! My husband and oldest son went over to drome on Sunday while I was busy with the two younger, they came home with a line 6 micro spider they insist that it sounds way better than the Vox I wanted which drome also had even though its discontinued. I am still debating it sounds good, has lots of functions but operationally it's weird and maybe I just need to get used to it! They got it at drome, love that place! Also got me a mic, which is really funny for a few reasons, one they never want to hear my singing voice, so I just laugh but I can't hold it and play.. so it is useless! ha!! I do so love my family!! :)

brucemoffatt
03-02-2011, 03:39 PM
That's a gorgeous Eleuke. I'm glad you love it. I'm sure you'll get lots of joy from playing it. I got mine just after Christmas and I love it heaps.

tjomball
03-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Congrats on your new Eleuke. I'm sure you'll grow to love it like I've done with mine.
And your new amp should make for a great match with the Eleuke.
I have a modeling amp myself and am constantly amazed at the sounds coming out of the lil bugger..
So enjoy your new "toys" missy and have fun exploring the near endless possibilities of the uke and amp..

pdxuke
03-02-2011, 04:38 PM
That's lovely! Congrats! When you break it in would love to hear a song!

ukunuke
03-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow! What a great looking uke - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

fitncrafty
03-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks all, After a decent evening the verdict is out. I really LOVE this eleuke! I love the way the neck feels in my hands, Now I just have to muster up the courage to post a video.. Only few have dared to hear me play! :)

I highly recommend the eleuke and Mim's great service!!

Hippie Dribble
03-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Carrie you are awesome mate. That uke was made for you. It is gorgeous and you are a gorgeous person. Congratulations buddy, so happy for you!!! :)

Plainsong
03-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Happy New Uke Day! I know Joey must be drooling over that color.

I was never a Line6 Spider fan, but you go find your own amp at some point! :)

fitncrafty
03-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Happy New Uke Day! I know Joey must be drooling over that color.

I was never a Line6 Spider fan, but you go find your own amp at some point! :)

Honestly, I never really heard much about them until my husband brought it home to me. The controls are weird (soft buttons like a remote) and I am not sure I like it. I am going to the shop today where he bought and and take a look at the vox... I need direct here's the setting and the line 6 doesn't have it and the user manual isn't very clear on some things...

ksiegel
03-03-2011, 02:45 AM
Bring the Eleuke, and plug it in to all of the amps that you want to try. Don't worry about anyone else listening - I've heard people crank up the amps at Drome, and try to play like they are Pete Townsend, Eddie Van Halen, or Jimmie Hendrix, and trust me - they weren't.

Whenever my Les Paul uke comes in, I'll look at some of their amps - the Epi15R is fine for my guitars, but not what I want for a uke - and I'll be picking your brain. So keep picking that Eleuke!

-Kurt

joeybug
03-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Honestly, I never really heard much about them until my husband brought it home to me. The controls are weird (soft buttons like a remote) and I am not sure I like it. I am going to the shop today where he bought and and take a look at the vox... I need direct here's the setting and the line 6 doesn't have it and the user manual isn't very clear on some things...

How does the Eleuke sound on the "insane" setting ?!

fitncrafty
03-03-2011, 04:29 AM
If you were playing the appropriate song, it would sound good!! If I could just figure out those controls, I will let you know after I visit the shop if I exchange it or not. I am going to ask them some questions about the amp.. it works weird..

Mandarb
03-03-2011, 04:38 AM
If you were playing the appropriate song, it would sound good!! If I could just figure out those controls, I will let you know after I visit the shop if I exchange it or not. I am going to ask them some questions about the amp.. it works weird..

Good luck. Glad to hear you are enjoying the uke though.

Coconut Willie
03-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Awesome!!! Congratulations on your new uke!!!!

Plainsong
03-03-2011, 07:34 AM
I think an amp that at least allows you to play acoustic is gonna sound better, but I've been wrong before. Even if they don't have the exact amps you want, plug into one for electric guitar and one for acoustic, and I promise that's going to tell you what you want in an amp. It'll narrow it down right there. Also, remember tube versus solid state. :)

fitncrafty
03-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Here's an update... I took the line 6 micro spider back for a 15 w Line 6 spider 4 (don't tell my boys they think its mine but it's really for them) AND a vox mini 3!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mini three... it is much easier to use and change settings and sounds great!

MY 9 yr old is ROCKING that 15 W amp right now trying out all the effects! I am so excited for all of us.. Since the amp is 'mine' they wont fight over it AND IF I want to use it, its mine... :)

I am feeling a little spoiled right now!! :)

mm stan
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Aloha Fitncrafty,
Glad you returned it and got what you wanted....good to hear you got a more user friendly one..and went down so they could show you how to use it...always better to go down
yourself and find what you really like...I'm happy for you...Happy Strumings rockin' mama... and spoiled happy is good!

brucemoffatt
03-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Here's an update... I took the line 6 micro spider back for a 15 w Line 6 spider 4 (don't tell my boys they think its mine but it's really for them) AND a vox mini 3!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mini three... it is much easier to use and change settings and sounds great!

I have a mini 3 as well and an eleuke solid body. I love the combo heaps. It's hard to believe so much sound can come out of a 3W amp :)))

I hope you love that combo as much as I love mine, which is heaps.

Really glad you're enjoying it. I was worried you might settle on the gift amp and not end up happy with it.

fitncrafty
03-04-2011, 12:51 AM
I have a mini 3 as well and an eleuke solid body. I love the combo heaps. It's hard to believe so much sound can come out of a 3W amp :)))

I hope you love that combo as much as I love mine, which is heaps.

Really glad you're enjoying it. I was worried you might settle on the gift amp and not end up happy with it.

Thanks Bruce! I am SO happy with it, and the boys are exstatic to have a nice amp to use too! That 15 W line 6 is really nice and sounds great with my boys guitar. But the vox is a PERFECT match for the eleuke. So I have used my eleuke with about 5 different amps now, the Vox is far the best sound. When my husband and son where in that music shop they didn't even see that, the owner pulled it out and showed it to me. I think the Vox Da5 that my son sampled had been on the floor awhile and it was the only one they had... So all in all it worked out great!!

I am so excited about this uke and I love the versatility of it... not to mention, I even got my husband singing through the mic he bought when I was testing out the mp3 input on the uke and amp! Yeah!! That's a first!