The Great Ukulele Instrumental Challenge POLL/SONG thread!!

austin1

Reaction score
Ukulele Instrumental Challenge: YESTERDAY, by the Beatles!

The masses have spoken! The song we´re instrumentally arranging is Yesterday, by the Beatles! Check out my post on page 3 of this thread for a youtube video and the chords. Can´t wait to see what we all come up with!

Last edited:
go Deano!!!! Had to vote for the old timers...Deano, Arlo, Jefferson Airplane, Classical Gas etc. Interesting choices Austin. This will be awesome fun :)

I voted for a few, songs I know in case I decide to give this a go!

Thanks for organizing this! While I'm unlikely to participate (at this point, I'm more of a strummer than fingerpicker, although I'm trying to learn some fingerpicking), I expect that the recordings people produce will be not only very entertaining but also educational for those of us who are still in the earlier stages of learning to play.

Done, thanks for putting this together.
DAP

Rock the vote!

Vote for rock!

Casted vote. I hope it ends up being a song that hasn't been covered 100 times on youtube already.

I specifically did not vote for a few, simply because of the sheer number of people who have already performed covers of them/the video suggestions posted were already ukulele covers. It kind of defeats the purpose for me, of learning something new, that may not really be a "uke" song, but just for the fun of it!

I so hope the videos get mashed up, us strummers on rhythm and those fingerpickers laying down some sick licks

So the votes are in....and two songs are tied with exactly the same amount of votes. Therefore, I am leaving the survey open for another day, so that we can hopefully break the tie.

The two songs currently tied are Yesterday, by the Beatles, and Country Roads, Take Me Home, by John Denver. If you haven´t voted yet, please vote for your favorite, so that we can break the tie and get the show on the road.

So the votes are in....and two songs are tied with exactly the same amount of votes. Therefore, I am leaving the survey open for another day, so that we can hopefully break the tie.

The two songs currently tied are Yesterday, by the Beatles, and Country Roads, Take Me Home, by John Denver. If you haven´t voted yet, please vote for your favorite, so that we can break the tie and get the show on the road.

Actually, those two songs would work pretty well together as an instrumental medley...just sayin'...

Top Bottom