PDA

View Full Version : Mississauga area uke jam

the52blues
03-03-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm looking for ukers in the west GTA (Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Toronto, Orangeville etc.) that would like to meet and jam on Saturday afternoons. I teach a class in a large room at a church in the Southdown/QEW area from 1-2pm and would like to get a uke jam going in the area after the class for a couple hours. If you are interested please call me (Fred Brown) at 647-400-2632. Thanks. Happy uking!

potatowaste
03-03-2011, 11:10 AM
maybe post this thread in the Toronto Ukers group too, no?

the52blues
03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
maybe post this thread in the Toronto Ukers group too, no?

This may sound dumb but....what Toronto Ukers group?

potatowaste
03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
My bad, It's actually called Toronto Twangers

ichadwick
03-04-2011, 04:53 AM
and at www.torontoukes.com....
I'm in Collingwood, a bit too far north for regular attendance, but might drop down when I have some free time.

Susie A
03-04-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm looking for ukers in the west GTA (Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Toronto, Orangeville etc.) that would like to meet and jam on Saturday afternoons. I teach a class in a large room at a church in the Southdown/QEW area from 1-2pm and would like to get a uke jam going in the area after the class for a couple hours. If you are interested please call me (Fred Brown) at 647-400-2632. Thanks. Happy uking!

Not available to jam but wanted to say I really like the Mississauga area! I come there for work a few times a year, will keep and eye on your responses, maybe I can sit in at some point in time.

the52blues
03-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Just to make the location official - The church is Park Royal Bible Church, 2400 Truscott Dr. It's on the southeast corner of Truscott and Seagull (east of Winston Churchill and west of Southdown). There is a large plaza on the north side. As stated I teach a group guitar class between 1 and 2pm so I would be glad to stick around a while longer to either jam or teach ukulele. I'm thinking one meeting a month to get started. Let me know your preference.

the52blues
03-04-2011, 05:19 PM
My bad, It's actually called Toronto Twangers

I get it....you're talking about my group here on UU called Toronto Twangers. I assume anyone who belongs to a UU group spends most of his time on the forums so they will see my post but just in case I will post there also.

potatowaste
03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Don't I feel stupid. I'm stoked to see where this goes, hopefully we can gather a few more sooner than later.
Good meeting you today Freddy

the52blues
03-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I was hoping there may be some local lurkers on here that would be interested. I suppose it's possible that there are ukers that are not members of UU....can't understand why....OK I may try some local community papers other than the two I've already been in. Let's try Orangeville and Milton next.

the52blues
04-10-2011, 11:10 AM
All those that live or will be in the Mississauga area (Southdown & QEW area) on Saturday, April 30th @ 2pm are encouraged and welcome to bring your ukes to jam/learn from each other at Park Royal Bible Church, 2400 Truscott Dr. & Seagull Street (SE corner). If we get a quorum of 4 or 5 ukers interested in a regular meet we can discuss which day would work best. For now I have set aside the last Saturday of the month for a uke jam. PLease let me know your thoughts. my email is the52blues@yahoo.com and my cell is 647-400-2632 - Fred

the52blues
04-23-2011, 04:34 AM
I was hoping I would hear from a few of you to say you were going to come to our first meeting next Saturday, April 30th. We need to get together to share what we know and to encourage newbies to get out and play with others. Please come and bring your interested friends even if they don't own a uke yet. I will have a few soprano ukes for sale from $30 and some tenor and baritone custom made ukes (including banjo ukes) from $300. Maybe I'll have your next axe! Come on down!!!

Susie A
04-23-2011, 04:49 AM
I have a gentleman working with me that is interested. He doesn't own a uke (yet) but is in the looking phase. I am going to give him your info. Hope you can help in getting him set up with a uke that meets his needs.

saff
12-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Just brand new here and found a link to this post in google.
Are the meetups still happening on Saturdays in Mississauga?