"The Bowler Hat My Grandad Left to Me" on Ludwig Wendell Hall

Jnobianchi

Reaction score
This is my rendition of Walter Langshaw's Bowler Hat Song - done in the style of George Formby, though it's not a song he ever did. I hope you like it, and if you're from the North, you'll forgive me for attempting a Lancs accent. Fact is, the song doesn't work without it. :\

Anyway, be brutal, brutal! :D

Ha Ha Loved it (including the accent)
Well done John

thanks, Al!~ Means a lot coming from someone who knows just how far off true I go. :)

Brutally cool, the accent is great but the hat pulls it all together nicely. Nice Formby-ing too!
DAP

Thank you, both, rijopogeo and DAPuke. I wasn't sure about the hat, but I guess it stays in the act. I'll probably have to perfect a couple of hat tricks to cheese things up completely. ;)

Fabulous John!!!! Lovely deadpan stuff mate. I might say too old chap, you're are looking particularly spiffy in your English regalia!

You've got those period songs down, man. You and those banjo-ukes of yours are just wonderful to listen to. More! more!

thanks, Jon! I appreciate it very much. I'm going to keep at these, but want to branch out more like you have; you've got such a great range of material and style.

Top Bottom