California Claro Walnut FS

Harold O.

Reaction score
I have just milled some California Claro walnut look here. I use this wood a lot for other projects, but thought it would be of interest to the luthiers on the Forum. I've seen some walnut ukes before, though I've not tried to make one.

This wood is solid, heavy(!), and machines nicely. Makes for nice jewelry boxes too.

I just added another wood set to the page linked above. This particular set has three long boards milled to 3/16s of an inch. Luthier Ready!...as the ad guys would say.

Understand that I have a lot of this type of wood in a variety of coloration and thickness. PM if you are interested in seeing more or simply check my site from time to time to see what's up there. I will not abuse the privilege of posting here in the Marketplace Forum. Well, at least not until I get some pictures of my walnut ukulele display cabinet...

It is beautiful- would love to find something that was 2"x6"x40" for a lap steel if anything ever comes through. I have a nice piece that is unmilled...but have no clue how to mill it and I am needing a walnut lap steel badly.

Top Bottom