PDA

View Full Version : B-band pickup on a Fluke

mikemiragliuolo
03-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I was looking into getting a Fluke with a b-band pickup in it, can anyone tell me how these sound plugged in to a PA system? It has a volume knob but no tone knob. I'm wondering if it will sound good through a PA system with a flat EQ or do you have to EQ the heck out of it to get a good sound? I have a Fluke with no pickup in it and I tried to mic it and play with a band and it was not cutting it. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Mike

mikemiragliuolo
03-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Does anyone have this set up? Come on help a brother out.

Mraz
03-06-2011, 04:18 PM
No experience, but MiSi pickups are awesome!

mikemiragliuolo
03-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't think they offer those anymore, but thanks for the input.

Mraz
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Have you considered having pickups installed on your current fluke?

mikemiragliuolo
03-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I have but it has the plastic one piece bridge so my only real options are a stick on pick up like a K&K big shot. I
don't really like those type of pickups. I think I'll just have to order one from Flea Market Music with the B-band pickup and
hope for the best. I have a Takamine acoustic guitar, I just plug it into the PA and it sounds great and gives me no problems. I'm
just looking for a uke to do the same. On the strictly acoustic side I've tried other brands (Loprinzi, Kamaka, Pono, etc.) and
I found myself just really liking the sound and playability of my Fluke and Flea. I just need to be able to plug in for live play.

Mraz
03-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Ahh I see. Well, I hear really good things about flea market music so I'm sure there wIll no problems. Good luck!

Uncle Leroy
03-06-2011, 08:18 PM
I just put a K&K twin spot in my Tenor Flea, it was like building a ship in a bottle but it does sound good straight into the board. I have a MiSi in my Koaloha Concert. I know it is an apple/orange comparison. I prefer the MiSi but, there is nothing wrong with the K&K.