New Uke Day!!!

mendel

Reaction score
I arrived home today and found a brand new Eleuke SLC-MP3 waiting for me!!! This is my first "New Uke Day" post and I'm super excited. I purchased from Mim and she is a pleasure to buy from. She rules!!! This I strument is beautiful and it sounds great through headphones. I only have my Lanikai LU-21C to compare to, and this is amazingly better!!! Thank You Mim!!!

Congratulations on your new ukulele.

I am very happy for you.

You have such a great attitude for sharing your love of the uke.

John

Aloha Mendel,
Congrats on your new baby.....have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings..MM Stan..

Thanks Stan. It was a birthday present from family. I would not typically spend money on myself likethat. Especially since I've been saving for a special Uke. This was a very nice gift and it is very much appreciated.

Congrats on the baby and the Eleuke! Don't you just love that new uke smell?!! Headphones-I bet that is a good way not to wake up da baby!!

Good evening. I must confess I have been terribly busy these past months treating many UU members for a condition widely known as UAS. Sadly, yet another condition has morphed from this curious problem, hitherto for known as EAS (Eleuke Aquisition Syndrome). Sufferers are commonly seen with headphones stuck in their ears and found in varying states of ecstacy cuddling (sometimes strumming) coloured solid body ukuleles. We have identified a major (alleged) proponent of this syndrome, a US uke proprietor going under the name of "Mim". Federal authorities now have warrants for her immediate arrest. If you think you may be suffering undiagnosed from this condition, and wish to talk with a medical professional in a non-threatening, confidential environment, please contact me ASAP. Initial consultation is free. After that, you'll need to mortgage your home.

Your (friendly) doctor,

Eugene

Congratulations. Would love to see a pic, or better yet, hear a song! :)

Congrats on the new electric! And Happy Birthday! You must be a Pisces, lol.

Are you just plugging into the onboard sound or running it through an amp? Do you notice subtleties you don't hear when unplugged from the headphones? If you have an amp with it, what do you have and how do you like it? I'd love to know. I was considering an Eleuke on several different occasions, and of course would buy from no one else but Mim. She had a mahogany one with a skunk stripe I wanted. Talked myself out of it, couldn't figure out what I'd have to sell, lol. Sorry Mim!

Yes, pics!

I got an electric steel stringed wowzer for my birthday a little early today, and I am loving being able to bang away at it wearing headphones, it lets me play into the wee hours and not bother anyone. I feel I'm able to hear subtleties better and I think it is helping me adjust to it much faster and develop the finer touch six steel strings close together need. I hope it makes me better on the ukes, since it's a baby guitar.

Loving the electrics! :smileybounce:

Hi Teek!!! I don't actually own an amp. I got the Eleuke because I cannot play at home because the baby goes to bed early. With the Eleuke, I can plug in headphones and play away. I will be checking it out on some amps in the next week or two. I will let you know. As far as songs go, I am planning to record something with my little weekly jamming group in a week or two. I will youtube it as soon as I am able.

I will say that this instrument sounds phenomenal. I am learning, though, that the subtleties are amplified as well, though. Every time I mess up, I hear it load and clear.

Hi Teek!!! I don't actually own an amp. I got the Eleuke because I cannot play at home because the baby goes to bed early. With the Eleuke, I can plug in headphones and play away. I will be checking it out on some amps in the next week or two. I will let you know. As far as songs go, I am planning to record something with my little weekly jamming group in a week or two. I will youtube it as soon as I am able.

I will say that this instrument sounds phenomenal. I am learning, though, that the subtleties are amplified as well, though. Every time I mess up, I hear it load and clear.

Mendel.. I just exchanged the Line 6 for a Vox mini 3 it is an incredible combo and only 99 bucks! I tried a lot of amps! That little mini 3 puts out some serious sound too.. The Roland mobile cube is nice too, costs a bit more though!

Hi Fitncrafty,

I have only read about the Roland MicroCube amp. I am wondering whether an acoustic amp is the best way to go, or if it is alright to set up the Eleuke with an electric guitar amp instead. Anyone that has any ideas or experience please chime in!!!

HOORAY! I am glad you like it! I do love my Eleuke. But yes, I know what you mean about it amplifying subtle things that normally get mixed in the resonance of an acoustic. It makes me a better player though. I used it for the first time in a recording for my entry in HanktheTank's Slave4NewWave contest (see the contest board if you want to check out all the cool entries) and it was perfect through a Line 6 with a Flanger effect for the guitar solo in Depeche Mode Enjoy the Silence!

Top Bottom