PDA

View Full Version : tenor uke baritone strings experiment results

raecarter
03-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi I put worth cb baritone stings on my uke but put the other half of ny e string as my d string also so it was re entrant tuned the outcome was surprisingly good I feel its slightly too loose and boomy on the g string so I tuned up half and it plays nice now. For me this is a result as I used to tune down 4 half steps on tenor strings which were way too loose so now I just capo up if I need to and the key suits my voice great.

joeybug
03-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Great to hear it worked out to what you wanted :D

raecarter
03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Great to hear it worked out to what you wanted :D

Cheers love some ofmy songs are too deep now so ill just capo up its opened up loads more songs to play live now like eye of the tiger and firework

SweetWaterBlue
03-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I have never tried a capo, but I hear what you are saying about some songs being too high for my voice. I usually just transpose them to a better key and have at it.

raecarter
03-04-2011, 12:11 AM
I have never tried a capo, but I hear what you are saying about some songs being too high for my voice. I usually just transpose them to a better key and have at it.

I do both really I've already learnt them so don't want to change all the chords I might quickly record a sound sample from my phone