Kamaka uke day

pdxuke

Reaction score
Photo on 2011-03-04 at 17.04.jpg

Photo on 2011-03-04 at 17.04 #3.jpg

Photo on 2011-03-04 at 17.04 #2.jpg

And now I understand.

The voice is sweet, the action amaz-ing, the fret board wide and comfortable, the intonation PERFECT.

It just makes you want to play.

For the first time, I can see the possibility of reducing my uke collection down to some real keepers. I'm not sure I'd have as many as I have if I had bought this earlier. And while I have no regrets about that, there may be a lesson in there for the newbies...

Happy Birthday, Thom! Seems like you've been getting a new uke every couple of weeks lately. Kamaka pineapple is kind of like an anti-UAS agent, huh? Or at least it's a tonic to help ease the symptoms for a bit. Enjoy!

Looks like your museum of mahogany is opening a koa wing.

My Kamaka pineapple was my UAS-killer. In fact as soon as I got it, I pretty much sold all my other ukes! Enjoy it, and be sure to post a video if you can! :)

Thanks everyone!

Yes, my UAS fund has been flush lately, and remains strong, so I've been in a buying cycle. I usually go through that for a bit, then evaluate and move things through. My guess is I'll move more back out the door than usual because of this Kamaka. I doubt this will cure my UAS, I like trying new instruments too much. But it will certainly help to focus the mind on what is a keeper.

I love the Martin and Gibson. I adore my Ohanas--great instruments. I'm still evaluating the KTS4--haven't quite found the right strings. The Gretsch, Favilla, KS1 and Harmony Vintage may be re-homed in the next few months. I've enjoyed them, but they may not be keepers...

But in the meantime, this Kamaka is just fantabulous.

Aloha Thom,
Now You see the light...he he I hope you found your holy grail uke..and it sounds like it .....congratulations and Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings.. MM Stan
It is a point you realize that this one is a keeper and the unplayed ones are not....and start to unload them.... then Look for your holy grail 2...he he lol

Ahhh..another happy Kamaka owner!! Congratulations, it is a beauty!!!

Pineapples are the best!

Top Bottom