PDA

View Full Version : Kamaka uke day

pdxuke
03-04-2011, 02:24 PM

And now I understand.

The voice is sweet, the action amaz-ing, the fret board wide and comfortable, the intonation PERFECT.

It just makes you want to play.

For the first time, I can see the possibility of reducing my uke collection down to some real keepers. I'm not sure I'd have as many as I have if I had bought this earlier. And while I have no regrets about that, there may be a lesson in there for the newbies...

janeray1940
03-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Congratulations Thom! I've been waiting for this post all day. I see a very happy smiling face hiding behind that Kamaka :) Can't wait to hear the new uke!

didgeridoo2
03-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Happy Birthday, Thom! Seems like you've been getting a new uke every couple of weeks lately. Kamaka pineapple is kind of like an anti-UAS agent, huh? Or at least it's a tonic to help ease the symptoms for a bit. Enjoy!

Looks like your museum of mahogany is opening a koa wing.

NatalieS
03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
My Kamaka pineapple was my UAS-killer. In fact as soon as I got it, I pretty much sold all my other ukes! Enjoy it, and be sure to post a video if you can! :)

pdxuke
03-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone!

Yes, my UAS fund has been flush lately, and remains strong, so I've been in a buying cycle. I usually go through that for a bit, then evaluate and move things through. My guess is I'll move more back out the door than usual because of this Kamaka. I doubt this will cure my UAS, I like trying new instruments too much. But it will certainly help to focus the mind on what is a keeper.

I love the Martin and Gibson. I adore my Ohanas--great instruments. I'm still evaluating the KTS4--haven't quite found the right strings. The Gretsch, Favilla, KS1 and Harmony Vintage may be re-homed in the next few months. I've enjoyed them, but they may not be keepers...

But in the meantime, this Kamaka is just fantabulous.

Toucan Mango
03-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Another happy pineapple owner :cool: congrats!

hmgberg
03-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Jealous. Love the pineapples.

mm stan
03-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Aloha Thom,
Now You see the light...he he I hope you found your holy grail uke..and it sounds like it .....congratulations and Have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings.. MM Stan
It is a point you realize that this one is a keeper and the unplayed ones are not....and start to unload them.... then Look for your holy grail 2...he he lol

molokinirum
03-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Ahhh..another happy Kamaka owner!! Congratulations, it is a beauty!!!

erivel
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Very nice, congrats! I hope a Kamaka will come home to me someday...

Deek
03-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Pineapples are the best!