Mahalo Telecaster Ukulele

Vs_91

Reaction score
I have just received 1 of these from my mother and father for my birthday and i want some new strings for it i was just wondering if any-one know's what size the uke is?

It has 18 frets if that helps?

Thanks for any help Vs.

how do you like it

I have the les paul one and the telecaster also looks very nice. I wonder how you like it. I bet its excellent.

I don't think it has Aqulias on but it may have I'm not too sure, but all in all i really like the uke, then again the only thing that i have to compare to is the base model Mahalo.

The uke feels nice to play although i would like the action to be a little lower, but it's ok for now, I've never really been a fan of the telecaster shape but i fell in love with this one as soon as i opened the box, i found it to be alot louder than my other uke.

the only reason i asked the question is because it has more frets and and is larger than my other uke.

Thanks for your response
Vs.

I just put mine next to my pineapple and it lined up so its definitely a soprano. If it has white strings on it then you should leave them on it probably. Mine came with aquilas. Mine has a compensated bridge on it too. The action on mine was pretty good out of the box.

I don't think it has Aqulias on but it may have I'm not too sure, but all in all i really like the uke, then again the only thing that i have to compare to is the base model Mahalo.

The uke feels nice to play although i would like the action to be a little lower, but it's ok for now, I've never really been a fan of the telecaster shape but i fell in love with this one as soon as i opened the box, i found it to be alot louder than my other uke.

the only reason i asked the question is because it has more frets and and is larger than my other uke.

Thanks for your response
Vs.

All my ukes are sorpanos but my KPK solid has 18/19 frets whereas my other sopranos only have about 12/13, but they are still the same size :D

Thanks all :D, the strings are white yes but i think there just like the standard Mahalo 1's that my other uke came with.

Vs.

Thanks all :D, the strings are white yes but i think there just like the standard Mahalo 1's that my other uke came with.

Vs.

If you want to upgrade, I would recommend Aquilas which can be found on eBay for about £5/7 plus postage, I'v also tried Worth Brown's on my KPK and they sound great, I like the Aquilas on the laminate Ukes, but wanted a different sound for the solid KPK :D

I have a set of Aquilas on my first little nasty Mahalo, got them for £5 off amazon, i was shocked by the difference that they made to it.

I've just been playing on my little tele again and the strings on are deffo not Aquilas they sound pretty tinny whilst playing chords, still love it tho:D .

Vs.

Congratz on the new uke.
Never knew there was a telecaster uke, i better get browseing.

Top Bottom