WTS - 8-string Statocaster steel string electric. KALA-KA-CE acoustic-elec concert

kissing

Reaction score
Hello folks!

I've decided to sell 2 of my ukes because I really badly want to get a Ubass!
I put a lot of thought into this sale, as these are some lovely ukes.. alas, they get played less than my other ukes, and so I decided to sell them to get the Ubass.
The photos are in the 2 posts after this post.

1. 8-string Stratocaster baritone electric. SOLD
This unique ukulele is one I found on eBay sold by a seller in Germany. It is a steel string electric with 3 single coil pickups. It is tuned DGBE, with the D and G strings octave tuned (one low, one high), and B and E strings tuned in unison.

I bought it last Christmas, and since then I have played it very lightly, just a couple of times in my room. I have taken it to a guitar shop to have a setup to adjust action and intonation and have put new strings on it last month (this cost me a bit of money).

The uke works really well - it has a very rich and full 8-string sound, and it is tons of fun playing around with it through an amp, whether you use clean or distortion settings. The pickup switch is a 5-way switch, neck, neck/middle, middle, middle/bridge, bridge - giving it a wide range of tone variation. Tuners stay in tune very well.

I bought for $200 USD + $50 shipping.
I will sell for no longer $180 USD NOW $160 (price reduced!) + $40 shipping worldwide ($20 shipping if within Australia)
I believe this price is more than fair, since the setup I paid for improved the playability and intonation greatly than before. There's only light signs of use. The clear plastic cover is still on the pickguard :)

I will also include a Gig bag and strap!

2. Kala KA-CE Acoustic Electric Concert

I bought this from MGM last November. I haven't seen these listed at his store for a while (?)

I have barely played this one as well. It's in tiptop condition - almost as new.
There are just some light signs of play under the soundhole that are hardly noticeable.

It is made out of laminate mahogany that is light, so it sounds quite loud and full. I have it tuned to low-G which I requested to MGM before he sent it to me. You can switch it to high-G if you want by just replacing the G string.

As it is setup by MGM, it has a very comfortable, slick action. The electronics work really well (Shadow active pickup).

I'll include the hardcase.

no longer $130 NOW $110 USD + $30 shipping worldwide ($20 if within Australia).

I feel really sad to be letting these go..
But I don't think I'll be able to afford the Ubass otherwise!
My family moved house just yesterday, and I'm helping my parents pay the mortgage since I live with them. So I'm strapped for cash >_<

If anyone has a Ubass they'd like to trade for these ukes, please feel free to send me a PM.

Please PM me for questions or purchase.
First come, first served.
Paypal payment.

Last edited:
Photos of 8-string stratocaster

(sorry, it's a bit dark)
P060311_0213.jpg

P060311_0212.jpg

P060311_021201.jpg

Photo I took previously under better light:
P311210_1320.jpg

(with a tenor Eleuke)

Photos of Kala KA-CE:
P060311_021402.jpg

P060311_021401.jpg

P060311_0214.jpg

Photo I took previously when it was brighter:
P311210_1327.jpg

(middle)

Prices reduced to sweeten the deal for quick sale!
I'm willing to take a loss on these good-as-new ukes because I'm desperate for a bass!

The 8-string is now $160 and the Kala is now $110.
My heart aches as I type this, but I keep telling myself that the bass is worth it >_<!

I'm really interested in the KALA eluke...
Will it come with a cord or amp?
Also, what is the string's tuning?

amps are not usually included with ukes since theyre a whole thing altogether. You would have to choose one you like. Since its acoustic electric, you dont need an amp right away. You can get cords from music stores, but il provide one for free :)

I already have an amp. Is the chord the same as a guitar one? I have one of those so you wouldn't need to bother.
I probably couldn't get this until May (birthday). I don't know if that makes me unable to buy it... I really need an electric ukulele though...

I already have an amp. Is the chord the same as a guitar one? I have one of those so you wouldn't need to bother.
I probably couldn't get this until May (birthday). I don't know if that makes me unable to buy it... I really need an electric ukulele though...

I'm not going to be able to wait til May.

8-string strat SOLD.

Kala KA-CE yet to be sold.

I'll see what I can do, I need to ask my mom if I can get an early birthday present.
I could either get this, or the Focalink double AG...

Top Bottom