Shall We Gather At The River?

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
very nick picking Ken! Always enjoy your talent and look forward to your posting of your arrangements. I haven't tried this one yet, but am acquainted with it from over the years. I guess one positive to getting to my age is to have enjoyed over a half century of great music. :) Thanks! Lozark

very nick picking Ken! Always enjoy your talent and look forward to your posting of your arrangements. I haven't tried this one yet, but am acquainted with it from over the years. I guess one positive to getting to my age is to have enjoyed over a half century of great music. :) Thanks! Lozark

Perhaps this tune isn't as well-known as I thought, Lozark. I had assumed it was very well-known by everyone.

Great job as usual. I do think this is a well known hymn.
Not to rush you, but do you have an estimate on when you will have the easy fingerstyle ebook finished?
Oh and thank you for doing these in "high g" tuning. I love high g tuning and alot of the fingerstyle books only use low g.

... Not to rush you, but do you have an estimate on when you will have the easy fingerstyle ebook finished?
Oh and thank you for doing these in "high g" tuning. I love high g tuning and alot of the fingerstyle books only use low g.

Ten of the 12 arrangements for it are finished, though they do need to be checked through. I will have the other two completed in the next couple of weeks. i then have to write the book itself. That needn't take too long, but there are a lot of thgings coming up in April and afterwards e.g. Frankfurt trade show, Paris Festival, etc. I will try and get it finished by the end of March (don't hold me to it).

Several other books are also partly written. There will be a folk tune book for instance and a book of original pieces. I can't imagine I will do any arrangements for low G in the immediate future.

Awsome! No rush, I know it will be great! I plan on getting them all at some time, just need to start with the easy. I've worked up a few from your free arrangements. Not to your high standards of course but good enough to tell I'm playing music anyway. :cool:

Lovely as always, Ken. May I ask what brand instrument you're picking there?

Top Bottom