PDA

View Full Version : "There Was A Man And He Was Mad"

Hippie Dribble
03-05-2011, 09:26 PM
traditional. American childrens folksong

recorded after miss eugenie's anger management class this morning. :wallbash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBFXNbQ1_I

this is an awesome song to play for a group of kids. You can sing it through once yourself, then leave the last word of each line blank, leaving a space for the children to respond with the name of the thing the angry man jumped into!!! Lots of fun!

thanks for watching. hope it makes you smile. :)

rijopogeo
03-05-2011, 10:39 PM
yeah!!!it makes me smile..for sure!!cool!

mm stan
03-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Aloha Eugene,
Hey mate, loved it and the smooth chord transitions..beautiful...Wow!!! Keep um coming...Happy strummings...MM Stan

fitncrafty
03-06-2011, 01:49 AM
That was great.. so much fun!! As always...Gave me a big smile and now I am off to the gym early Sunday am with a smile!!!

DAPuke
03-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah! Ha ha. You're the coolest!!!:D
Don

Hippie Dribble
03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
thanks rij, Stan, Carrie and Don. You guys are awesome. It's a great, fun tune. and easy to play. The kids (especially the very young ones) really get into it. Cheers guys! :)

roxhum
03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Damn your good

Hippie Dribble
03-07-2011, 12:46 AM
hey Roxie! thanks for the compliment mate. lots of fun to play that one. so much you can do with it, especially with some young'uns around... :)

jonesjimbo
03-12-2011, 03:31 AM
I really like that one too!

Where did you find the chords for it? I did some searching but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Jim

Ambient Doughnut
03-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Love it! Simple chords but it's all in the delivery - Cool

Jonesjimbo - Looks to be F, B flat C in the main. That right yeah Eugene? :)

Hippie Dribble
03-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Love it! Simple chords but it's all in the delivery - Cool

Jonesjimbo - Looks to be F, B flat C in the main. That right yeah Eugene? :)

sure Gavin, that was it. 3 chord songs. My favorite!!! Jim, I don't have any sheet music for the song. I just have a gorgeous old record of Pete Seeger who has an arrangement of it recorded. I just worked out the progression by listening to it and then put it in the best key that suits me to sing it. Glad you liked it fellas!

There (F)was a man and (Bb)he was (F)mad, (Bb)he jumped (C)into the (F)pudding bag
the (F)pudding bag it (Bb)was so (F)fine, (Bb)he jumped (C)into a (F)bottle of wine etc etc... :)

jonesjimbo
03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Awesome!

I can play those chords, but will definitely have to practice the progressions. Thanks guys and keep the videos coming Eugene.

Hippie Dribble
03-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Awesome!

I can play those chords, but will definitely have to practice the progressions. Thanks guys and keep the videos coming Eugene.

cheers Jim!!! Got heaps more 3 chord wonders floating round in the ol' lump o'lead. :)