#5 Tenor Done for a Beekeeper

Michael Smith

Reaction score
Just got the strings on #5. It is a beekeeping theme. Gold MOP purflings, Queen Bee Inlay Golden and Black MOP, Black Walnut Binding, Hex soundhole rosette is Gold MOP. Gotoh 205 Tuners. Gold MOP hex shaped position markers. Brown Worth Strings, Orange Osage head plate inlay.

This was a battle from start to finish, but in the end it turned out ok. It sounds pretty good and looks a bit unusual which is what I wanted.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 241
  • top_view.jpg
    top_view.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 255
  • tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
WOW! Too cool. That purfling at the radius on the stinger looks like it was fun:)..and looks outstanding. Would you mind sharing how you did the rosette?

Aloha Michael,
Wow, Nice job looks awesome...Just drooling...thanks for sharing..MM Stan..

Gorgeous. Simply stunning work. I am sure the new owner will absolutely love it.

Fantastic work.

that sure is BEE-utiful....really sweet yuk yuk yuk
How does it sound when full of honey?

That's really thinking and designing outside the box, or would that be the hive. Without a doubt the most original design not to mention very beautifully executed build I've seen on a uke. Well done mate. That's one for the scrap book for sure.

I initially read "Tenor drone for a beekeper", but drones don't have stings - with this tail, it surely is a queen.

Amazing.

Top Bottom