Another Victim of UAS

hopkid

Reaction score
So tomorrow (8 March) will be my 6-week anniversary of receiving my KoAloha concert from musicguymic and my 6-week anniversary of being an ukulele player. Last week I bought a Toy Story 3 Woody guitar from Toys 'R Us to be my travel uke (I may need to get some better strings). And today I purchased my dream uke on ebay: a Kamaka pineapple.

My wife has put the kabosh on any future uke purchases.

I think I may have a problem.

at least you got two great instruments before she pulled the plug!

Hey hopkid!

I'll look forward to hearing all four of your family's ukes in person sometime!

As you know, I'm dealing w/ UAS (and the Ocarina version, too), somewhat less successfully.

Ah, well, if I'm posting here, I'm not bidding on eBay!

pithaya, I'm so glad you're around to make me feel I'm in control by comparison. Thank you. Thank you.

Aloha Hopkid,
Congrats on the new purchase of your kamaka Pineapple...Now the wait....Let us know how it is...have fun and enjoy, Happy Stummings....MM Stan
Your Premium ukulele UAS is almost the worse kind, customs is another level and another story..

I'll look forward to hearing all four of your family's ukes in person sometime!

Ah yes, we'll definitely have to get together to jam in the near future. We may be limited to Uncle Rod's Boot Camp practice sheets though! We'll be back down in your neck of the woods in May.

Aloha Hopkid,
Congrats on the new purchase of your kamaka Pineapple...Now the wait....Let us know how it is...have fun and enjoy, Happy Stummings....MM Stan
Your Premium ukulele UAS is almost the worse kind, customs is another level and another story..

Yes, I'm finding that out the hard way. And I have an interest in vintage premium as well (anyone see the '20s era Kamaka pineapple on ebay currently?). Hopefully the Kamaka and KoAloha will satisfy any majorly expensive purchases for the foreseeable future. Thankfully I don't have an interest (yet) in custom builds.

Now I wanna another Makala Dolphin, to take away the pain of the banjo uke and Antonio Tsai fiascos!

Or a cookie tin diatonic strummer by tinyguitars.tk

By three months of playing, I had three...I'm within sights of buying number five, none as premium as a Kamaka, that's out of reach right now, but at least you got the premium ones before your wife pulled the plug!

The funny thing about my wife is that she is also learning to play (Kala KA-P pineapple) but hasn't yet shown any early UAS symptoms. Plus she's the more pratical one between the two of us.

Top Bottom