eleuke story!

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hey UU friends,
I have to tell you the greatest uke story tonight. As most of you know (since I can't stop talking about it) that I got an eleuke from Mim last week! (thanks Mim!) and today I took it to my two boys guitar teacher to show him during their lessons. He has never played a uke before and took it and just jammed on it! ha! He kept saying how he was amazed at how good it felt holding it and playing it.
my 15 yr old son says "he's better than you and he's only been playing 5 seconds" Thanks.. Then the luthier checks it out and plays it.. amazed at how good it feels, and tells me a story of finding a mahogany ukulele in the closet and needs the neck reattached and says he going to do it now because he really liked the feel of the eleuke. (and yes my 15 yr old son says, he's better than you too)
Owner comes in, same thing, play it (he's a bass player) likes it, and again my 15 yr old son says 'Doesn't it suck to be you, when all these people that have never played the ukulele are better than you. Thanks KID!

What is shows me is that is must keep studying theory because I am sure that it makes playing make sense!
anyhow, if I have just shared the joy of ukulele with someone else I am happy!! plus I didn't have to leave the thing at home and I didn't want to!!!

Have I mentioned I really love my eleuke!? :)

And just think how many ukulele players could pick up your son's guitar, and outplay him, even if they'd never played guitar before. (g)

Just remind him that he got half of his genetic makeup from you, so if it wasn't for YOUR genes (or wallet), he wouldn't be able to play guitar.

Neener, neener, neener.

Just my $0.37, adjusted for inflation.

-Kurt

Your observation about music theory is right. If you know music theory, its easy to cross over to other intruments.

I can't wait to marry my uke and harmonica.

I want to do call and response with the 2 different instruments. Not just the notes; but the techniques as well.

Uke is leading me to electric guitar because I've had to buy too many electrical guitar books on the blues and other melody lines.

You gotta love our kids. Right? I don't know that I know Eleuke. I keep hearing about them so I guess I need to check them out. Good for you spreading ukulele joy.

Good on you for sharing the Ukulele joy! I agree with someone else who said that you should remind your son who gave him half his musical genes and paid for them :p

Hope to talk to you soon!

Great story, bless you for sharing the positive uke vibe. We're all proud. It feels great!
I think your son is realizing how cool his Eleuke playing mom is. As for the guitar pickers being better than some of us newbies,
all they need to know is the note of the open strings and then it's a small guitar neck. You know they likely could not just bust out playing chords as well as you. And yes theory is a big part of understanding the neck of our ukes:)
just my .02
Don

Last edited:
Coolest story of the day award! (you should tell that store to carry some Eleukes btw)

You gotta love our kids. Right? I don't know that I know Eleuke. I keep hearing about them so I guess I need to check them out. Good for you spreading ukulele joy.
Check 'em out here at eleukeusa.com and on facebook.com/eleuke to see a bunch of people playing them.

And just think of what might happen if a ukulele strung left-handed happened to be lying around your house, Carrie....

Just sayin'....

-Kurt

Great story, bless you for sharing the positive uke vibe. We're all proud. It feels great!
I think your son is realizing how cool his Eleuke playing mom is. As for the guitar pickers being better than some of us newbies,
all they need to know is the note of the open strings and then it's a small guitar neck. You know they likely could not just bust out playing chords as well as you. And yes theory is a big part of understanding the neck of our ukes:)
just my .02
Don
so working on the theory, it seems so out of my league! My kids guitar teacher WAS playing chords! He is the man! Then asked if it came in BLUE! AH yes it does!! :)

Coolest story of the day award! (you should tell that store to carry some Eleukes btw)

Thanks... They should carry ANY ukes but they don't. The luthier/manager says they are too pricey and not selling. Well the shop down the road has a bazillion ukes and always selling them out. Either way.. I am happy and I will send them to Mim if they want one!

Check 'em out here at eleukeusa.com and on facebook.com/eleuke to see a bunch of people playing them.

Pure awesomeness. Perhaps you've "converted" some guitar players! Teenagers.... can't live with em', can't live with em'. Isn't the violet color just amazing?????

I hope so conversion would be great, I am sure that the guitar teacher may not convert but if he added uke to his teaching that would be great!.. yes on the teenager thing and the violet is to die for, better than it looked in the photos by far!

And just think of what might happen if a ukulele strung left-handed happened to be lying around your house, Carrie....

Kurt I may have to think about that one..

Just sayin'....

-Kurt

Aloha Fitncrafty,
Nice Story, and congratulations on you new ukulele....I know it will give much enjoyment, motivation, and inspiration..as for your son, he'll come around one day and brag to his friends, my mom jams on the ukulele.
Thanks for sharing....Have fun and enjoy girl!!! Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Top Bottom