Very SPECIAL Birthday

pdxuke

Reaction score
Well, it's going to be a very GOOD birthday.

I have cleared out some ukes I don't play. My UAS fund was full. I'm settling into a focus, and as I said, the motto is better quality, and less of.

Here are the high quality ukes:
48 Martin O
Gibson Uke 1
Kiwaya KTS4
Kamaka Pineapple

(And yes, I have a couple of Ohana's because I think they're the classics of tomorrow and they act kind of like my beaters.)

And now...

3511421.jpg3511419.jpg3511420.jpg3511418.jpg

Just had to have THAT Koa, and after playing the pineapple KNEW I wanted a concert as well.

Life is good, and will be better come Thursday! And now, I'm done for a good long while!

Last edited:
Hi pdxuke

That's a gorgeous looking ukulele! You waited for so long, and you very well deserve it.

Happy Birthday, too!

Cheers
Chief

And now, I'm done for a good long while!

Ah, those famous last words. I said that last October when I got my Kamaka concert. Out loud, in a room full of other uke players, one of whom happened to record me saying that.

Barely 4 months had passed when I found myself buying *another* one.

Yours looks like a beauty! Hurry up Thursday!

That's a beautiful Ukulele!! Happy Birthday!!! :drool: I'm sooo close to buying my next one!

I was jealous of your pineapple. I'm not jealous of your concert though, BECAUSE I HAVE ONE! It's a great ukulele. You'll love it. Congratulations!

Our ukulele preferences seem similar - vintage Martins and new Kamakas. So, I was kind of hoping you get that Collings you were thinking about to give me a full report. I've never had the opportunity to play one.

Awesome Thom! I would put my Ohana TK-50G in the "High Quality" category even though it didn't have the cost that "High Quality" normally has.

Awesome Thom! I would put my Ohana TK-50G in the "High Quality" category even though it didn't have the cost that "High Quality" normally has.

The other interesting thing is that a Martin Style 0 wasn't considered a high quality instrument when it was made. They were also pretty cheap to purcahse back when they were made.

Happy Birthday, Thom!

Nice to see you picked that up from Gryphon. Very nice and knowledgeable people there. I have spoken to them a couple of times on the phone. And how 'bout the job that Tom does on all of those sound samples?

Congrats on the new uke... looks sweet! And a

Hau' oli lā hānau

(Happy Birthday) to you! :)

That's awesome, Thom! Two Kamakas within a couple of weeks. Congrats and happy birthday!

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new Kamaka.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the new Kamaka - a wonderful ukulele! Very excited for you!!!

Congrats.

But you'll be oogling something else in a week or two. :p

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new Kamaka!

I think my phone bill might be coming in the mail, and you're getting a Kamaka in the mail...

Top Bottom